Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Remembering the Victims of Newton, Connecticut

Today at church there was a few moments of silence before the start of the service and then a hymn of Lament was sung. Following are the words to that hymn. It was very difficult for me to sing. All I could do was follow along.

*********************************************************************************
In Deepest Night

In deepest night, in darkest days,
when harps are hung, no songs we raise,
when silence must suffice as praise, 
yet sounding in us quietly
there is the song of God.

When friend was lost, when love deceived,
dear Jesus wept, God was bereaved;
wo with us in our grief God grieves,
and round about us mournfully
there are the tears of God.

When through the waters winds our path,
around us pain, around us death:
deep calls to deep, a saving breath,
and found beside us faithfully
there is the love of God.

Text: Susan Palo Cherwien
Music:Thomas Pavlechko

~Linnea

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Horrible, HORRIBLE tragedy. I am finding it harder and harder to understand humanity these days. *sigh*. I am going to keep their families in my heart over the holidays. In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, Linnea! xo

Michelle, Quincy, Emma, Lily and Persues

bj said...

Such a terrible tragedy. I couldn't believe someone could do something so terrible.

I do hope you had a good Christmas..glad you had fun in the swap Colorado Lady had.

Take care and come back to see me soon...you and I go back a long way in the blogging world. :))

bj said...

Hi, Sister Friend,
Thanks for your nice birthday wishes...
xoxo bj

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson