Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

REDensday-More of our Trip!

Now that I am back from our trip,
I am using my trip pictures for various posts.
A couple of them will also be on my craft blog
for Whatcha Working on Wednesday as well.
~~~~~~
But here on this blog I will do
REDnesday!
There are some REDs to show you from our trip.
The best ones are at the end.
Well, I think they are the best ones anyway.
~~~~~~
First up is our hotel room at the hotel where our
daughter works.
She had arranged for us to get an upgrade.
This is what we got!
The chair and the desk chair are both RED.
The picture on the wall is too, though that is hard to see.
And here is the sofa....also RED.
It was very nice to relax in this room.
We have never stayed in a suite before,
so that was a real treat!
I saw these RED bushes everywhere in the area
where Sara lives.
Here is a close up!
I found out this maybe called the
"Burning Bush".
I have to say the name fits!
A beautiful RED tree.
I snapped this picture as we sat at a RED light.
No picture of the light though.
LOL!
After church, Sara took us to this place for lunch.
It is called The Machine Shed.
The lettering is RED.

There is a RED tractor there.
And other fun things for
children to climb on and play.

RED checked napkins.
Drinks served in canning jars.

Lots of RED here.
The pitcher has ice water in it.
I was charmed by the decor.
They also have a store.
Sort of like what you see
at the Cracker Barrel.
~~~~~~
Now for some special
RED pictures!
My granddaugther in a ladybug
costume for Halloween.

As her grandmother, of course I am going to
say she is so adorable!
My daughter-in-love took these next pictures.
The costume was a hit.
She tied for 1st place at the Trunk or Treat
event at their church.
The prize?
A $25 gift card from Toys R Us.
What a fun prize!
I just love this picture!
We had a fun Halloween in Florida.
Even though it was rather warm.
More pictures of our trip yet to come.
~~~~~~
Thank you to Sue over at It's A Verry Cherry World
for hosting this fun day for us!
Go on over an see who else is posting today.
Happy REDnesday!
~Linnea~
P. S. Go Here to see what else we did while in Florida.

19 comments:

Dawn said...

Great photos from your trip. The Shed looks like a very cool, downhome place to eat (can cool and downhome be used together? LOL!) Of course the ladybug is my favorite. What a cutie!
Hugs,
Dawn

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed your Rednesday post today Linnea. Your hotel room looked gorgeous and the red tree is amazing. Your grandaugher is adorable in her lady bug outfit. Glad you were able to share some fun time with your family in Florida.
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea! Oh, you're right. Your little granddaughter is just the prettiest little thing! Are those her eyelashes? Oh, she's precious.
Looks like you had a nice trip. What a lovely room you stayed in too!
Food is always good and this looks like a nice place.
Glad you're having such a good time.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Linnea,
What a fabulous post! I love everything. Love the tractor and the red checked napkin. The red leaves on the bushes, but my favourite has to be your little ladybug! So adorable! Thanks for sharing and Happy REDnesday.

Blessings,
Sandi

★Carol★ said...

Looks like you had a fun time on your trip Linnea! I especially liked that restaurant that you stopped at, with the canning jars for glasses and that great red tractor. But of course my favorite would have to be that gorgeous ladybug! She is so cute and I bet you adore her to pieces!
Happy Rednesday!
Carol

Kaleena said...

I must say that the last photos are my favorite too. Such a sweet and beautiful little ladybug! So glad you had the chance to visit your granddaughter! Smiles to you:)

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful little granddaughter you have, Linnea! Her eyes are absolutely gorgeous and those eyelashes. For once a girl got them!

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Love your reds...what a cute little bug you have there!

Heather said...

love those red bushes! beautiful. and the lady bug is adorable :)

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

What a great Rednesday you show us!!!! I don't know where to start! You spoiled us with so many pictures! Well, let me say your granddaughter is a cutie! She looks so pretty as a ladybug. No wonder she won the 1st price!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I love the red BUT that lady bug is the cutest little bug I have ever seen Linnea!!What a doll!!

Lucy said...

Loved the photo of the F-10. (The red tractor...) My dad restored one and it was his pride and joy! Thanks for the memory!
http://replacementsilver.blogspot.com/

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh my gosh! Are those eyelashes for real? She's the cutest little ladybug I've ever seen!

That restaurant looks like a real fun place to visit. I just love how you snap photos wherever you go!

Becky said...

And just where were you in Florida? Maybe I missed that info in an earlier post. That red bush is in Florida? The tree? She is the cutest ladybug I've ever seen!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Linnea
I love that red bush! But that cute little red ladybug steals the show!
~Ann

Judi said...

Hi Linnea
Oh you would have had a lovely trip. I love all your reds right from the lovely room your daughter arranged for you...the little red Hallowe'en sweetie is gorgeous. Your pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing...
now you sit back and have all those lovely memories are your special Anniversary..
Judi

Neabear said...

The Red bush is in Iowa. We did Halloween in Flordia. Hope that clarifies things. :-)

Darlene said...

Hi Linnea,

All your reds are just wonderful. LOVE all the beautiful pictures and how fun to stay in a suite! Your granddaughter is a PERFECT ladybug!!!! Too CUTE!!

Archer said...

Those are some great pictures Nommy! I'm glad you liked the Suite here at the Courtyard. I miss you tons already and can't wait until the next time you visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson