I am linking with two different things today.
The "Love is..." link is something new to me. I happen to have a bunch of the comics that I saved from the late 70's. So I may share a few of them here. Below is the link to Marydon at Blushing Rose. She has the "Love is" thingy going!
My hubby, otherwise known as B-Daddy, and I enjoy outings/traveling when we get the chance.
We are starting to be able to do that more often.
My pictures have BLUE so I am also linking up with Sally at
We recently found out about the
Mare Island Shoreline Heritage Preserve.
It is at the south end of Mare Island, named because of the Mares on the Island.
My father worked at Mare Island until he retired in 1993, so because of that I wanted to check this out.
The preserve area is open to the public the second Saturday each month with the occasional extra
public access day.
This a hiking trail/road there which is about 5 miles round trip.
And there are 14 of these signs indicating points of interest.
The fadedness looks BLUE to me on the signs.
We start the hike and start to see views like this one.
There is a sailboat out there with BLUE sails, although that may be hard to see.
I wore my trusty BLUE shirt.
It was a good thing too.
I was sunburned on my chest, but not my arms. My nose also got some from when I took the hat off.
The wind was threatening to blow it out to the bay!
I need a hat that won't blow off.
This is at about the 1/2 way point going up hill.
A BLUE ice chest with drinks to purchase for $1 in COLD CASH!
You put your money in that plastic bottle attached to the sign.
We already had our water, so we didn't get any.
But on a hot day, a cold drink would have been nice.
The view from under my hat.
Uphill climbing with BLUE sky yonder.
When we get up there this is what we see.
The BLUE waters of the San Pablo Bay with the BLUE sky.
The San Pablo Bay is the northern part of the San Francisco Bay.
Across the bay there you might be able to see some of the oil refinery stuff.
My brother use to drive a gas tanker from one of the oil refineries.
Then we see this!
The Spirit Ship.
A very cool thing.
This is an Art Tribute dedicated to the workers of the Mare Island Naval Shipyard marking the closure of the Shipyard in 1996. My dad is one of those workers who worked there from about 1961 to 1993.
Looking toward the bow and to the BLUE sky.
The base has the shapes of ship fitter's tools.
Here B-Daddy is standing next to it.
Gives you and idea of the size.
One of my favorite shots from that day.
Looking through the ship and seeing a ferry that is coming from San Francisco.
Now I want to go on a ferry ride!
The last time we went was in 2007.
I have this picture as my background on my computer.
We hope to go here most months when they are open and perhaps become
volunteers there as well.
Next month it includes an ice cream social.
It is on the calendar to go!
As far as the traveling goes...we have two future trips planned.
One to the Monterey area for our 31st Anniversary.
And one to Florida after our new grandbaby arrives!
Yep, love is the best traveling companion.
My B-Daddy is definitely that!
Happy Blue Monday!
Hope there is LOVE in your Monday as well.
~Linnea~
16 comments:
Hi Linnea
What a great hike you guys took!
My father use to work at a shipyard too. His was in San Pedro.
I haven't been by your blog in a while. Nice to visit with you again! Congrats on the upcoming new grand baby!
Hugs, Ann
that's was one great adventure... thanks for sharing your photos.. interesting spirit ship.
Blue Monday here
G'morn Nea & Thank you for joining us on our Love Is... venture.
We so enjoyed revisiting Mare Island with you. It has been MANY years since there. You captured everything so beautifully.
Have a beautiful summer week.
TTFN ~ Marydon
PS Let me know on Saturday before you post so I may include you in mine each time. Thank you, so glad you have joined us.
I love your thoughtful new header. That lady was special, and you were good to her.
You have so much blue, Linnea, and I'm thrilled you've shared. I love that shot from under your hat!
Happy Blue Monday!
Hi! Nice to meet you and welcome to Love is...I am going to enjoy knowing you. I love your header. What a beautiful tribute. Your friend was a magnificent artist. I am sure God is using her talents wisely at home in heaven. Thank you for sharing. Your Love is...is sweet too and the story about your dad's work place is incredible. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone. COme join me soon. Hugs Anne
Hi Linnea,
Thanks for your visit! (By the way, I'm a Sag too and was named after my Swedish grandmother!) I went boating a while ago along Mare Island, so I'm enjoying seeing it from your perspective on land - great shots. I'm sorry about your patient's passing. Her artwork is lovely. Enjoy the week. Linnea
Hi Linnea!
Its sooo nice to connect with you today. Travelling is fun isn't it...your pictures and all the points of interested and the hike and just leaving money for water...neat stuff. Really nice pictures. That was a great tour.
We so much enjoyed California - Monterey Bay and SanFrancisco and area last summer.
How nice that you will travel to Florida to see a new grandbaby...life sure is exciting!
I have been good. Busy. The summer has been so lovely here so much better than last year and most...we've had fun too.
Keep well and come back again!
Judi
Your header really touched me today-life is short and we need to care about those around us-thanks for sharing!
Hi Linnea,
I love your trip you took. What a fun and beautiful hike. How neat that there are drinks on a hot day half way up. What neat memories of the ship since your dad worked at the Naval shipyard.
Love that sweet cartoon too. Hope you are having a great day. I'm ready for some cooler weather here.♥
Ahhh, what a beautiful place. Love all your pretty blues you share today.
xo bj
HI LINNEA,
SUCH A NICE POST, THAT LOOKS LIKE A WONDERFUL PLACE TO VISIT, SO SCENIC AND PRETTY. GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A NICE TIME. SOUNDS LIKE SOME FUN TRIPS COMING UP. CONGRATULATIONS ON ALMOST 31 YEARS. THAT IS AWESOME.
THAT IS A VERY CUTE CARTOON AS WELL.
GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN GIRLY,
HAVE A SUPER WEEK,
BLESSINGS, NELLIE
A wonderful trip and feature for Blue Monday. I enjoyed going along with you through your lens. Glad you had time to visit my place.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos. Have a blessed day. Debbie
So glad you're back! What a pretty place to visit and the views out to the bay were gorgeous. Sure have missed you! Get you a hat with a chin strap or pretty scarf. Congrats on the upcoming arrival! Give Helmi a hug for me! You doing okay? Hope so!
Hi Linnea! What an enjoyable post... I look forward to seeing more of the "love is..." quotes that you have. I remember them as a child, and know I have a few things in the "Love is..." theme floating around somewhere... I'll have to dig them out. You and B-Daddy sure must have a lovely time together out and about. Great photos! Blessings, Naomi
What a sweet post! I love the Love is..and I am hoping to find my box full of these sweet clippings from my early years of marriage. The hubby saved every one I gave him. He is so sweet.
You always make me smile here. Thank you so much Anne
Post a Comment