A pleasant Sunday drive turned into a chance to do both
a Blue Monday
and a
Mosaic Monday post.
It has been hot around here lately.
Over 100 on Saturday. Cooler on Sunday, but still hot.
I took these pictures as we took a drive in our area.
The external temp gauge kept us updated
on the outside temp.
When we started it was warm. 93 degrees!
Going clockwise the temp got lower as we got closer to the coast.
Very pleasant at the coast.
We ended driving a section of Hwy 1 that neither of us
remembers driving on. Not for a long time anyway.
We decided to pull over here to enjoy the view and the smell of the ocean
and feel the breeze. It was actually about 64 degrees by the time we stopped here.
After I took the above picture, I noticed a person climbing on that rock
in the lower right corner. Can you see her?
Going clockwise you then see her at the top,
then over the the right, then climbing back down.
When she got to that water line on the rock, she then jumped in
and swam to shore. We noticed she had a rope tied to her waist.
Someone on the shore had the other end. A protection against
getting swept out I guess. She made back to the shore okay.
Then I shifted my view to the right and we noticed seals
on the rocks there.
They are at the bottom of the large rock on the left and on
the one smack in the middle of the picture.
Here is a picture of my hubby. He was wearing BLUE.
He wears a lot of BLUE anyway. :)
Continuing on our way, we got to Bodega Bay.
The Candy and Kite shop. Lots of BLUE there.
BLUE kite!
We stopped for dinner at a seafood restaurant.
And surprise the food was served on BLUE plates.
Plus the placemats and napkins were BLUE!
*********
We came back home to a hot house. BLECH!
But since the outside was down to 83 and it was over 90 in the house,
we opened the windows and turned on the fans.
It did not take long for it to cool down after that.
Happy Monday to everyone!
~Linnea~
Hooking up with
and
17 comments:
Great photos. The salmon looks delicious.
My Blue.
the rocks are dramatic! i agree with Pie, the salmon is mouth-watering.:p
What a nice way to beat the heat!
Your meal looks super yummy in blue.
I like these blues; thanks for sharing.
Happy Blue Monday, Linnea.
nice seaside shots....happy blue Monday to you...
Hi Linnea!
Visiting via Mosaic Monday/Blue Monday.... How great that you were able to capture the woman climber/swimmer. Glad she had a rope tied to her...
That Salmon diner looks SO delicious! I sure wish I lived closer to the coast.
xoxo Bunny Jean
Gorgeous! Visiting from Blue Monday.
My BLUE post, come and see when you get a chance.
I love that blue kite! Lovely photo essay.
Hello Linnea~ Wow, your photos are scenic and just gorgeous! Lunch looked amazing. I can't believe you managed to only get one person in your pics...our beaches here in So. Ca. are rarely empty :)
shawn
Great catch with the camera and your dinner looks yummy!
Interesting Blues specially the food:)
Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by..
http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/07/car-washing.html
HI Linnea,
How are you girl???
These are some lovely pics of the ocean, oh and to see seals, how fun!
I love seals, and penquins, they fascinate me!
Nice pic of your hubby and that is some great looking din din too.
Hope you are doing well. Miss hearing from you hon,
Have a great weekend,
Blessings, Nellie
Beautiful Pics! Looked like a wonderful day!
That ocean view was wonderful, I was brought up by the sea in Wales and love the ocean scents.
Your salmon looked delicious..Thank you for your anniversary good wishes, we are very blessed.
Chris xx
Hi Linnea! Oh, what beautiful snaps! Yummy looking food too! :)
Thanks for popping in to see my new painting! Thank you for wanting to push the 'like' button on my snaps! ;)
Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Ahhh, what a wonderful drive. I wish we had sights like this around where we live. I really enjoyed your pretty photos.
And the dinner looked awesome. :)
One of my most favorite areas in the world...your photos are so, so pretty! That salmon looks delicious! Nothing like a drive is there?
Love,
Sue
My husband would go nuts over the salmon.
I would just enjoy sitting on that shoreline and wondering if the person was going to fall off! ha!
Hope all is well with you and you're just busy with summer.
Post a Comment