Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blue Monday #18 and a Quiz

It is time for Blue Monday again! Many thanks to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting this fun day for us every week. Also I want to thank Sally for my win in one of her book giveaways. It was my first time to win something in Blogland!! Yay! Thank you so much Sally for this book. It is very much appreciated. So generous of Sally to do these book giveaways.
This is the book I won. I really like it very much!
Now on to the BLUE stuff.
Saturday was a gloomy day and I posted scenery pictures of the gray skies. We were supposed to get more rain. But surprise we woke up to beautiful, crisp blue skies!
The drive to church was absolutely gorgeous. We drove in separate cars because hubby had to stay for a meeting. This way I could drive home instead of staying around and waiting for the meeting to be over.
This is what I saw after church. The clouds were starting to come back. Or maybe it was a new set of clouds. But they were sure gorgeous clouds against the blue sky.
I decide I want a mint or two while driving. Look! They are in a BLUE container.
We call these Oreo Cookie Cows. We have been using that name so much I actually forget their official name. Right now their official name escapes me. It is in the deep recesses of my brain I guess.
Here is another picture with the glorious BLUE sky there. It is always so crisp and pretty after a rain here. The colors are just so vibrant!
Look at this! Isn't that something? I just could not get over how pretty it was on my drive home.

Here is some more of those Mustard flowers. That yellow is so pretty among the vineyards. That yellow will be showing up more and more which makes my drives so pretty to and from work and to and from church. Or anyplace else we are going.
When I was on the road to take this picture, a car with a 360 degree camera on top was also on the road. I saw it pull into a driveway and noticed it said "Google" on the side of the car. When I stopped to take this picture it went by me. I tried to get a picture of that car, but I was not fast enough. Then I took the picture above. Now I wonder if my car will be visible on Google Earth. I guess I should check it out.
On the way to church I spotted these sheep in the vineyard. But did not have time to stop and take a picture. On the way home they were still there. So I got the picture this time.
Not much blue in this picture, unless you count that tank. But I had to get the yellow. The Mustard flowers are so full here. Know what winery that is?
Madonna Winery!
Yep, Madonna the singer. She owns this winery. We pass it all the time on our way to church or my parents house.
Now you can see more blue sky here. But the sheep? These are fake.
Why there are fake sheep I don't know?
This is at the entrance to an art museum type place. Never been there. Drive by it all the time, but never been there.
Just look at the clouds and the sky in this picture. Isn't that awesome?!? This picture was taken through my windshield while I was driving. I know no clicking and driving at the same time.
But I had to get the picture!
Okay. I posted this picture in my last post. It is my picture. Not snagged from somewhere else. I asked if anyone recognizes what this is.
So far one person has guessed correctly. I deleted that comment so no one else would see it.
I am curious how observant others are and recognizes what this house is.
Have fun! I will tell you in the next couple days who is right. Besides the person who already got it right.
Happy Blue Monday!
UPDATE:
Three people have guessed where this house is so far. The one mentioned above and two others. I have not moderated their comments yet. But I will later. Keep guessing!

33 comments:

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

haha! I love the blue tank counting as your blue item. :)

Katie

Unknown said...

Did you take those awesome landscape photos, or just the house? Is it the Walton's house? I know it's not the Anne of GG house. HMMM
I am having 2 giveaways right now, one is for Blue Monday! Come check it out!

Sweetie said...

What a great post. What a wonderful Sunday drive you had. The sheep weren't blue but it was a wonderful site. Madonna's Winery has me intrigued. Now I am very curious about the house. I don't have a clue. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

SmilingSally said...

What a nice drive. I cannot understand the need for fake sheep either! lol Why not just get a couple of real ones? Your blues are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

LOVE the fake sheep! That's too funny - I want some :-)

The house is lovely- I don't have any guesses but now you've got my
attention - can't wait to find out..

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Love the scenic pictures...no clue on the house!

Anonymous said...

Hello and Happy Blue Monday!

Blue skies are so very pretty...I can tell right now I'll need to keep my eyes open for blue things, such as mint containers ;D

Blessin's♥

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Thanks for taking me on your drive. All the Blue is beautiful!! Have a great day!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Love your great drive to church! The skies and the hills and the animals and the grape vines are all so fun to see. Even those fake sheep are a hoot! Bummer I still don't know what the significance of that house is. Was it in some movie? Well Happy Blue to you...

Decor To Adore said...

Those mustard flowers are perfection against that beautiful blue sky.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

It's beautiful in your part of the state. I love it up there!
Such wonderful shots of God's handiwork :0)
Oh! I know I know! That's the HGTV Dream home! yes, I've entered, lol!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love all of your beautiful photos. You captured some great views. I think the cows are called 'banded cows' They are rare to see. I think Oreo cookies suits them fine. smile.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful sky and scenery with us. You live somewhere beautiful!

I know that house. It is this years HGTV dream house in Sonoma.

Kathy b

Anonymous said...

You mean I can get fake sheep??? WOW
Love all your pics and I have NO idea who's house that is. I will have to stay tuned won't I.
Claudie from Canada

Anonymous said...

Happy Blue MOnday
Now why would they have fake sheep in the field I wonder?
Lovely fields..lovely blue skies and I have absolutely no guess as to whose house that could be???
Not Madonas...cuz she has the winery there. I guess I will have no guess and rely on the other guessers.
enjoy this lovely day
Judi

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is such a neat blue post! I love Joel Osteen, and I think I'll send Annie over to see if she can "borrow" that book ;-)

Loved all of your blue, Linnea. That's neat that Madonna owns the winery. I'm guessing the house is either Falcon Crest or a place to have a wedding or both. LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

My guess would be the Walton house.It's so pretty..as are your photos. The sky is so pretty and blue. Happy Blue Monday and have a great day.
p.s. Congratulations of your book win..doesn't Sally have great giveaways????? :). and I love those oreo cows..

BECKY said...

'Nea!! Your pics are absolutely stunning and charming!! The sheep in the vineyard...priceless...a few Biblical analogies could come from that!
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful drive with us!!
Have a joy-filled week!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Linnea, You have some nice blue photos there. It's white in our neighborhood so I really enjoyed seeing all of that green. Happy Blue Monday!

nikkicrumpet said...

OHHH it was so nice to see blue sky and green grass. All we have here is gray and snow!!! I don't know about the house...can't wait to see what I'm missing!

Kim said...

Gorgeous photos. What beautiful scenery to be able to see everyday. All I've been seeing where I live is dirty white snow. Yuk!! Take care....Kim

Becky said...

Are mustard flowers related to the mustard greens we eat down here in the south? Love your blues Monday, that tank sure adds to it! Great job as usual!

Dawn said...

The photos you took are absolutely beautiful!!!!!

I love the name Oreo cows. What a clever name.

I have no idea on the house. I'm looking forward to coming back to find out though :)

take care,
Dawn

Lorrie said...

I love all your scenery posts--makes me dream of sweet summertime! Your cows are called belted Galloways--we have some right near us and call them oreo cows too!

akawest said...

Your pictures are all so pretty.

I think that I would like fake sheep. Not being much of an animal lover, the non-pooping variety sound like fun.

I am looking forward to the house answer, as I am clueless.

Libby's Library said...

I have no idea whatsoever. How long to we have to wait to find out the answer?

Bonnie said...

Beautiful photos! We are lucky to live in such a beautiful area! Thanks for sending the snow widget info. I was already to do it then I was wondering about it because it said something about it changing the template. Is there a way to take it off if you want to at some point I wonder? Thanks again so much for sending it!

Bonnie

Bonnie said...

Is that house in Napa? Sonoma?

Stacey said...

What gorgeous photos! I like the real sheep better than the fake, of course. But such beautiful country. I love to take the camera on our drives. You just don't know what you will see. When you are looking with an eye to taking photos, I think you see even more!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful house...but I have no clue what house it is. :( I just know I wanna live it it. :)

Daphine said...

WOW! Your pictures are breathtaking!!!! Hmmmm...okay I will be thinking on my guess for the picture of the hosue....I'll be back! lol!

bj said...

I love all your blues, Neabear...
so sorry to be late but, hey...I'm old and I'm slow..! haha
xo bj

Lindsay-ann said...

I really enjoyed your stunning pictures. I always like your virtual tours, you live in such a beautiful area. Thanks for sharing them.
Lindsay

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson