Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Saturday, January 3, 2009

10th Day of Christmas and Pink Saturday #16

On the 10th day of Christmas my true love sent to me,
Ten lords a leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying.
Five Golden Rings.
Four calling birds,
Three french hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And for Pink Saturday! Thank you to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for hosting Pink Saturday for us. Yay Beverly!! Today I only have one thing to show you that is pink. Pink Candy. Yummy!

Anyone recognize what these are?? These are those yummy melt away mints from Hickory Farms. I always like to get a bag of those each year. They look so delicious and pink here in my Princess House candy dish/jar. Doesn't it just look like you can reach right out and grab them. Or maybe lick the computer screen and you would get a taste? Maybe you better not try that.

And if you have eaten to much and have an achy tummy you could try these. And hey, they are PINK too. Happy Pink Saturday to everyone. Thanks for visiting me!

27 comments:

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

You are right ...it dose look like you can reach out and take one....the colors are fabulous...I love the Princess House jar they are in ...
Happy New Year...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

Two staples of the holidays...Mint candies & antacids!! LOL

Katie said...

Mmmmmmmm......pink candies! Yum. Happy New Year and Happy PS!

Anonymous said...

ooooo, hopefully i won't need those antacids...yummy candy though! Happy Pink Saturday!

SmilingSally said...

Those pink pills look yummy, but they're not. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Day.

Betty said...

Linnea...You are a big tease!! LOL I would need those pink tablets at the bottom if I had any of those yummy pink candies!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Tenth Day, Linnea, and I need some of those latter pink mints... as in, "Oh my stomach hurts!" ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Suzie Button said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Linnea! I love these pink mints! And you're right, you could feel a tummy ache if you have too many! Suzie

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

My first pink Saturday... Happy Pink Saturday!

want one...hope I don't need the other..

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Those Hickory Farms candies will get ya every time! They sure do look yummy! Thanks for stopping by my first pink saturday post!

Jillian

Dawn said...

Yum, the candy looks good. I'll take your advice and not lick the computer screen though :)

I've been needing too many of those antacids lately. My poor tummy has been out of sorts with the things I've been eating.

take care,
Dawn

bj said...

I love your cute sense of humor...you always make me smile...and I WANT SOME OF THAT CANDY..RIGHT NOW! Yummy...
and I am so on a NO SUGAR, NO STARCHS kick right now. I need to lose 20 lbs...right now I am having a bowl of salad with only lettuce and a few carrots, a low-fat string cheese and a bottle of flavored water....I am doing that WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY on my sidebar and I am hoping to be able to report LOSS each Wed.
I also love that you still have your snow on your blog...I do, too, and will keep it until Spring..
love, bj
oh, and MY daughter was also born in April as was her hubby as was MY hubby and it is also our wedding anniversary month...I am hoping the new great granddaughter can hit one of the days....

ellen b. said...

Linnea! You are cracking me up with the tums. I've had my fair share this Christmas season :0)
Happy Pink saturday to you and I hope your weekend is going well!!

Anonymous said...

Linnea, this was such a fun posts. And, you are so right - those candies are so pretty.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

OHHHH-I am SO tempted to lick my computer screen!! You are mean, mean, mean to show such a yummy photo!!! :) That was a very fun and clever post, Linnea!!!

Thanks for leaving your comment on my 100th post--you are officially in my giveaway drawing!!!

Happy Pink Sat. Dana

Libby's Library said...

Oooooooh - I love those little mints. I used to buy them at Maas Brothers in Florida. I didn't know that Hickory Farms made them too.
Drat...One more thing to crave!

Sweetie said...

Linnea, I usually buy these meltaway mints for Christmas and didn't this year. Now my mouth is watering. The mints are in a beautiful candy dish.
Sweetie

Robyn said...

Hu Linnea, thanks for stopping by my blog.
Candy is always a good things to share, even better that its PINK!
Have a fun weekend and a Happy New Year!

Charlotte said...

Boy could I use those antacid tablets today after eating at the Krystal...(it's a Georgia thing)..stop by the blog, I have a giveaway and the new 2009 Sophie calendar....A toddler in the movies....

Anonymous said...

Great candies..and such a pretty holder. Happy pinks and have a lovely week.

Elzie said...

Hi there! I hope that 2009 have began good for you.
Have a nice day.
Love Elzie

LADY JANE said...

Yummy! What a delicious post! Love both your blogs....and I will visit again! I snitched a mint on the way out...hope its ok...lol!

Susan Hickam said...

Howdy there! Thanks for stopping by earlier. I am trying to back in to the swing of things with the new year. I have never tried those candies but they look hard to resist. Susan

Ellen said...

Those pink/green mints looks so yummy. Have one for me. I wish I had most of my princess house, I didn't think I needed to put things away when I had kids..yeah right, as gentle as they were, they still managed to break.:)ellen

Anonymous said...

It's lucky that I can't reach out and grab them - half the jar would be gone! LOL

KatCollects said...

I LOVE those candies. I always buy a bag at the mall when shopping for Christmas, but didn't get to the mall this year being off my feet. So I am licking the computer screen, LOL. Happy belated pink Saturday.
Kathy

Stephanie said...

Candy is always good!! But, I am ready to stop with all those holiday goodies...I just CAN'T say no.

Happy (belated) Pink Saturday!

Stephanie
P.S. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson