Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Sunday, January 4, 2009

11th Day of Christmas!

On the 11th day of Christmas my true love sent to me,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying.
Five Golden Rings.
Four calling birds,
Three french hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today we do our pageant at church. It is called "The Surprising Christmas Pageant". Hubby is Joseph is this pageant. And I am an Angel. Hey, I am getting typecast here. I have played an angel before. Well, this one is fun. People think I am an alien and I have to keep saying "No, I am angel". Then I get asked if I am sure. Then I have to explain that I am here to give someone a message from God. It is a cute play. I will try to get a picture of me in my angel costume and hubby in his. Happy Sunday!
http://www.cresourcei.org/cy12days.html Here is a link to more about the 12 days of Christmas that I found while searching for info about the 12 days of Christmas.

6 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Of course you're an angel! Anyone as sweet as you would be, Linnea! I just hope that you don't have to stand on risers and that none of the angel choir gets sick like the ones in our pageant used to years ago. We had one angel that either fainted or had an upset stomach EVERY year. They finally put him on the ground with the shepherds to everyone's relief, but I got moved to the shepherds, too! LOL! Not because I fainted or got sick, but because I got so tall! ;-) But once I was moved from the angel choir, I ceased to grow! Hmmm...

XO,

Sheila

Dawn said...

Happy day # 11 of Christmas. I know it is still the season but I put the last of my decorations away today.

I hope the pageant was wonderful!!! I can't see you as anything but an angel :) :)

I look forward to the pictures.

take care,
Dawn

Robyn said...

Hi Linnea,
Looking forward to seeing you in your angel costume, as well as your hubby as Joseph!
Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

EVening, Linnea! I knew it! You're the angel! Hope you got some pictures! Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Michelle said...

You are an angel! Happy 11th Day. :)

Robynn's Ravings said...

Hi Ms. Neabear!

I posted a response to you on my mom's site but thought I better tell you here, too, that I visited your granddoggy and he's great! Thanks for the tip,too! I'll work on my HM.

Minky :+)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson