Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, July 5, 2010

Blue Monday Again Finally!

Been a long time since I have done a Blue Monday post.
So many changes going on with blogger I am about to give up here.
My craft blog is messed up and not sure how to fix that one.
The uploading of pictures has changed yet again is seems.
But I will persevere and try to get this post done.
I had posted pictures of this winery on a previous Blue Monday last fall.
This time we visited in May and I was able to show B-Daddy how pretty it is up here.
It was a beautiful day and the hills were still green. Now they are brown.
Isn't that gorgeous?!?
Beautiful BLUE skies that day!
The water looks BLUE too.
And a BLUE tinge to the distant hills as well.
There is B-Daddy in his red and BLUE plaid shirt checking out the view.
The direction he is looking is towards San Francisco.
Here the fountains are spouting.
It was a little windy up there too.

A couple of changes from my last visit.
The sculpture that was in the water to the right is not there anymore.
And neither is the one that was at the bottom of the stairs.
That may have been a short term display.
Also a railing was added to the right there.
Maybe for safety. It is a strange feeling to come up the stairs
and have water on both sides of you.
To show you what I mean.
Here is the picture I took last Fall with the sculpture and no railing.
Some new BLUE on our bed.
I changed to this set on Saturday.
I love it!
Hope you all had a great 4th.
Thank you to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Monday every week.
~Linnea~

12 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Hi Linnea,

It has been a long time, and I'm thrilled that you're back. I love that bed quilt.

Happy Blue Monday!

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful shots!! Love the different hues of blue. Thanks for sharing!

BM~Peacock

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Linnea
It was great to see a post from you. I hope you get your blog fixed soon.
I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful blueness of the winery and your bedspread it really pretty.
Lindsay
x

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I am SO happy to see you on Blue Monday! I smiled seeing your name. I have missed you, lady!

Love your blues, and that new bedding is so neat!

Happy Blue Monday, my friend!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Cindy said...

Wonderful blues! Such pretty scenery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea! Firstly, congratulations on your new GrandBaby coming in November! I am SO excited about my Winter Baby, and yours will be a Winter Baby too! I have had a Summer Baby, and a 'tween Season Baby, and now I get to use all my knitted outfits etc!...

All your 'blue' photos are beautiful, but I really stopped and admired your quilt... It is absolutely beautiful!!! Did you make it? I would love to be able to put something together like that...

I hope the blog issues get sorted for you... When I got back on, I was suprised at just how much had changed. I know improvements need to be made, but you have to wonder, when something works, why muck around with it, and muck the users around (who probably have done enough thinking for the day, and should possibly be in bed!!!). Anyhoo, it was so lovely to hear from you, and I'll certainly keep you all in touch with our new 'pink' or 'blue' arrival... God bless, Naomi x

eileeninmd said...

All your blue shots are just lovely. The scenery is gorgeous! Happy Blue Monday!

Buttercup said...

So glad to see you posting and with such beautiful blues. I've got a blue and white quilt in my bedroom, too. It feels so calm. Thanks for sharing the pictures at the top of the blog. They are lovely.

D. Jean Quarles said...

Just stopped by to say hello. Lovely blues. Have a great week.

Neabear said...

Fellow bloggers trying to leave comments.---I am getting error messages when I try to publish commments. A couple of them have disappeared. Even when I try to publish from my email, it doesn't work. I have my comments moderated at the moment, but I think I will change that and see if comments post better. Thank you to those who have commented.

Dawn said...

What beautiful blue pictures. I like the look of your blog. It's been a while since I was here last. I'm trying to catch up with as many old friends as I can.

I hope to be around more often.

take care,
Dawn

Life on the Edge said...

I love being near the water. Those were some fun pics!
I really like that bedspread too!

Kady
Life on the Edge

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson