

This is the card our granddaughter sent us for Grandparents Day. It arrived yesterday and I tell you it really made our day. It was so cool to get that. It was hot and miserable and it was a breath of fresh air to get a special card in the mail. Thank you to our kids for helping Shaylee to send the card. I know her mommy helps her with the writing right now. Next year Shaylee may be able to do her own writing. Well, her name anyway. I remember doing that kind of thing with my kids when it came to signing cards for various events.
Grandparents Day is still a fairly new thing. I remember it started after my kids were born and I think they were half way through their childhood or maybe in their teens already by that time. But my grandparents were still alive and I did honor them by giving them cards when I could. I remember I found it hard to remember it though since it was not ingrained into me like their birthdays, Mother's Day and Father's Day. Actually sometimes it fell on their anniversary which was September 8th. They were married 80 years ago tomorrow. Now I wonder if anyone ever reached their 80th wedding anniversay. I have seen celebrations in the newspaper of people married for 75 years, but I don't remember seeing 80 years. My grandparents made it to their 68th anniversary before my grandfather passed away at the age of 92. Our anniversary is this month too. For us it will be 29 years. We have a long ways to go to make it to 68!
The day finally did cool off. I hope today is much cooler. I hate that hot heat. Yuck! See my craft blog for more on today. Scroll down to by blog list to click on my sewing and craft mess. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment