
This picture includes two handmade crosses using plastic canvas. Looks like that would be a fun thing to make. I will have to find out if there is a pattern.

The two crosses we brought are in this picture. The one with the heart cut outs in the front and the marriage cross with the white background to the right. And in the far upper right is one my mother brought.

This one includes a beautiful cross stitch cross made by a member that was given to our pastor on the 25th anniversary of his ordination.

The wooden cross I believe also belongs to our pastor. I did not catch what he said about that one. But I have seen it used during a service before. The paraments were changed from green to red for this day. Plus we were encouraged to wear red which quite a few people did. I wore a red top. Plus as the assisting minister for the day I had a red rope to cinch in the alb I wore. We have different color rope belts to go with the different seasons.
4 comments:
I think that is such a neat idea. I love looking at all the different crosses.
This so neat. I love seeing all the different crosses. They look so individual from each other.
Beautiful crosses I am sure each one is as special as the person who brought them to share. I love to hear stories about how someone aquired or why they made something that is special to them. Have a great Wednesday!
The crosses are lovely. And each one must have an amazing story. I'm glad you found my blog. I do the same thing you do...just click click click and find so many cool places. I'm a newby like you and I'm still learning...but it looks like you've got it all figured out! Your blog looks beautiful!
Post a Comment