
It is time for Blue Monday and
yep, you read that right.
I was at Awful Annie's.
~~~~~~~~
First thank you to Sally at
Blue day.
There are lots of others posting for Blue Monday as well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
B-daddy went with me to a
Women's Convention in Grass Valley.
That way I was not making that long drive
by myself.
A sign caught our eye as we were approaching
Old Town Auburn.
A sign for
Awful Annie's Restaurant.
It was blue too!
With a name like that, we just had to try
that one for lunch.
We found the restaurant, but had trouble finding parking.
B-daddy was asking if we should just go somewhere else.
But no,
I was determined to go to Awful Annie's.
Let's just keep driving around until a spot opens up.
It wasn't long before I spotted one.
We had to make a U-turn to get to it.
But we got before someone else grabbed it from us.

When we got out the of car,
this old railroad piece was nearby.

And so was this statue.
I did not go up to it to read any plaques.
I was more interested in getting to Awful Annie's.
We had to walk up hill to get there.

There it is!
A pizza place is downstairs and
Awful Annie's is upstairs.
We could eat on the deck, but we decided to eat inside.
They had plastic things hanging to keep out the cold
for those eating on the deck.

Here is the sign at the entrance. See, it is BLUE.

A look up the steps.

A close up of the sign above the red hutch.

Lots of BLUE inside the restaurant.
The menu is BLUE too!

The border with lots of BLUE.

B-Daddy in BLUE.
BLUE picture on the wall behind him.
BLUE tablecloth.

Yes, I am in BLUE too.
We tend to wear a lot of BLUE.
BLUE things on the wall behind me.

I ordered Spinach Clam Chowder.
Yummy!!
And my sandwich was turkey, cream cheese, lettuce,
tomato, and cranberry jam on a
croisant.
YUMMMMMMMY!!
It was to die for!
B-Daddy got the house sandwich.
Sorry, I didn't get pictures of our sandwiches.
I think it got the name Awful Annie's
because everything
is awfully good.
We were glad we stopped there.

It was a beautiful cool day.
This is the street we had to walk up.
It started climbing after we got around
that beautiful yellow tree.
~~~~~~~
Happy Blue Monday!
~Linnea~
13 comments:
Hi Linnea, I love meeting new people. I am Yoli from deep south Texas. I have enjoyed visiting your blog. I'm a Christian single mom of 2 teen kids, working fulltime, and sewing during my spare time. Please come on over for a visit.
Yoli :)
http://apronsenorita.blogspot.com
Looks like a really fun day; that statue is amazing!
I'd love to eat at Awful Annie's. What a delightful place, and the food sounds good too. Have a Happy Blue Monday.
Girl, there's nothing "awful" about Annie's... that food looks GREAT! Glad you had fun.
Happy Blue Monday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
So glad you got to go to Awful Annies! I live right between the one in Auburn and the one in Lincoln! I am truly blessed...
What conference did you attend?
Oh, I must go to Awful Annies! My husband's company headquarters is in Grass Valley (which is why the company name is Grass Valley :-)) so we are just going to have to travel to Auburn next time we're up there so we can have one of those sandwiches! Yum!
Happy Blue Monday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts
It looks like you had a lovely outing and a great lunch. I love the touches of blue you chose to share with us today. Have a great Blue Monday.
Linnea, the food looks so good I am hungry. What a different take on the soup and the sandwich. I know you made the right decision to persevere and find a parking place. I want to ear at Awful Annies too. There was certainly LOTS of blue to entertain us. Love your post.
Hugs, Jeanne
sounds like a fun place to visit!
You were wearing my favorite color: denim!
Awful Annies looks like a great place to go eat! Happy Blue Monday!
Awful Annies...what a hoot!
That soup DOES look delicious. Looks like a great day for you!
Girl I have eaten there before...and your talking about the hills there...well I will tell you last time we were there I was going down the steep street and started to fall and I kept going like I was running I could not stop myself until I ran into the side of a building...I ended up in the hospital ER with that not so fun trip ha ha!! Hope all is well on your side of the mountain my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Post a Comment