Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wordless Wednesday/Outdoor Wednesday!

Thank you to Dixie at French Lique, Texas for hosting
Wordless Wednesday for us.
The theme this time is "Plates"!

Now "shhhh" for this part.


















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



And now thank you to Susan over at
A Southern Day Dreamer for hosting Outdoor Wednesday.
I have been practicing composition and positioning
to improve my pictures.
Also keeping a steady hand too.
These are taken with my older digital camera before I got the new one.
This rose in the picture above is the Peace Rose.
It is the only rose in my yard I can name because we bought
and planted that one ourselves.

I don't know the names of the rest of the roses I have.
This pink one is blooming like crazy now.
Here are some close up shots as I practice
composition and using the zoom lens.
And also the macro setting.





I rather like this one, looking at the flowers from the side.


A bud just before opening can make a pretty picture too.


Another nameless rose.
It is a light coral color.
If anyone knows the name, I would appreciate finding out what it is.
Another bud opening up with two new ones coming on either side.

I showed this rose bush last week I think.
It was just starting to bloom.
Now look at it.
There are still a lot more buds to open yet!
It is a pretty red rose that must be a climber.
I don't know the name of this one either.
The unnamed ones were here already when we moved in.
Practicing compostion again.

Practicing close ups.

My dianthus has gotten even fuller.
I can't believe how well this plant is doing.

Same dianthus, but changed the angle of the picture
to get the lavendar behind it.
Playing with composition.
Some more of the daisies.

Then I learned about exposure and using the ISO button.
I can change how much light is coming in for more interest in the pictures.
These of the azaleas are the result of playing with the F-stops.
Here is one where I am also using the macro setting as well
as playing with the exposure.
All pictures of the flowers are with the older camera.
The plates in the first section are with the new camera.
What fun I am having playing with the camera!
Happy Wednesday everyone!!
~Linnea~

33 comments:

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Hi Linnea.. Happy WW.. i love your flowers.. soooo beautiful!.. I love it!.. and your plates are so unique.. have a great day!

susan said...

You are really becoming a pro with that new camera. I love your artistic arrangement of the eagle plates!

Anonymous said...

You are doing a wonderful job with your photos. They are all just beautiful. What kind of a camera did you get? Thank you for a burst of spring ♥ I hope you have a happy and blessed day.

SmilingSally said...

Whoa. Those blooms are gorgeous.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I just adore decorator plates, I have a ton on my walls and just as many stored away,..they are one of my many weakness.
Happy WW
Molly

Anonymous said...

Morning, Linnea! OH, what a lovely post! Pretty plate and gorgeous roses! What could be better!
Did I tell you I have Stella? I'm a little behind with moving my Mother and being so busy, but I'll be posting about her next week. Hope you'll stop by!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Dixie said...

Linnea... I love all your eagle plates.. reminds me of DeGray State Park in Arkansas where they have a Bald Eagle refuge and nesting sanctuary where you can "watch"...

and your flowers for Susan's Outdoor Wed (especially the roses) are beautiful!

blessings. Dixie

bj said...

Beautiful photos for both events...
thanks for sharing with us..
xo bj

Joyce said...

Just beautiful plates and what a collection and I love the flowers and have fun with your new camera.
Joyce

ellen b said...

Linnea! Your Rose and other flower photos are gorgeous!! I like them...
Happy O.W. to you!

Heather said...

those are some gorgeous plates and beautiful flowers!

Jan's Blog said...

The roses just melt my heart. I'm just dying to smell their sweet fragrance. Wonderful, Creative Post!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What beautiful flowers. You've captured the roses particularly well.

Barbara said...

Linnea, Glad you came by, now I can add you to my list and visit. The Plates were beautiful and also the flowers, but the plates are unique.
Come again.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Those roses are soo perfect! What a lovely post - thanks for sharing such loveliness with us :-)

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Gorgeous pics of the roses. Love them.

Terry said...

Hi
Wow a two for one blessing ! I like that.
The plates are wonderful.
I must say I have lingered among the roses a little too long and almost forgot to leave a comment I was so smitten by your flowers.
What lovely photos and what an awesome subject to
photograph.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Bless you.

Libby's Library said...

Hi Linnea - beautiful florwers. Thank you so much for voting!!!

Sandra said...

You took some great pictures! What kind of camera do you have? My husband gave me a Cannon Rebel XT oh about 2 years ago and i'm still learning how to use it. lol
Have a happy Wednesday.
Sandra

Leah said...

Gorgeous plates and flowers too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea!
Oh, I'll try to change the font color so you can read it better. Thanks for coming over!
BE a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...

Linnea, I changed my font to a gray instead of the white. Does that help?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Amongst The Oaks said...

Linnea,
The rose photos are great. Keep up the good work, and thanks for all the kind comments on my blog.
Laura

Kathy said...

Oh Linnea, those flowers! Simply gorgeous!
Kathy

Kat said...

Beautiful plate collection! And your roses are breathtaking. I especially love the light coral one. Glad you're having so much fun with the new camera, your pictures are beautiful. Kathy

Beth at Aunties said...

Linnea,

Your roses are beautiful!~ I am at the point of learning what all the fancy gadgets on my camera can do and you are already a wonderful photographer.

I thnk on eof your lighter pink roses is a Elizabeth Taylor.
The coral are gorgeous. I am partial to that color.
Beautiful post!

Beth~♥

raxx a day in the life said...

What a beautiful garden with so many flowers! I think for an older camera with uner 5 megapixels you have some amazing photos there, you are developing excellent techniques!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Girl, those pics look great! :-)

Love the plates and the roses...

XO,

Sheila

Susie Q said...

You have a wonderful new camera!! I love all the photos...the flowers are beautiful...the plates so pretty...

Have fun with the new toy!!

Love,
Sue

Becky said...

You must have the greenest thumb ever! What gorgeous flowers you have! Great photos! My sister would love the plates as she likes wolves, eagles and Indians.

The Muse said...

Applause, for your SUPERIOR pics!

Really, very NICE!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your lovely comments on my blog. I feel blessed to have you as a friend ♥

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Sorry I am late getting around to visit... I hope you had a Happy Outdoor Wednesday....and that you will participate again soon! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson