Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, July 13, 2009

Blue Monday-A Few Little Things

Blue Monday is here yet again.
Thank you Sally for hosting.
You can visit her over at Smiling Sally
check all the others who are posting as well.
What have I got for you today?
First up is my Bachlelor Button.
A BLUE one.
They are finally blooming.
I planted these from seed so it took a while to get to this point.
I have this shelf in the kitchen.
Actually this would make a good Vintage Thingie post too.
A couple of old things there.
Perhaps I will save that part for a VTT post.
For right now just focus on the BLUE here.
Both of these coffee mugs have BLUE on them.
The one on on the left was a gift.
The other has the Morton's Salt logo on it.
I forget where I got that one.
The little bitty bear is keeping track of the date
with a daily Bible verse.
But the bear has gotten behind.
If you are able to see it, you will notice the date is wrong.
Then inside the cups are BLUE napkins!
I saw that idea displayed in a restaurant on small shelves on the wall.
Since I have more mugs than I need I thought
why not put a couple of them on display.
Sort of goes with my old timey signs there.
Here is another bit of BLUE!
This is actually a trivet.
To hang it on the wall, I hot glued a soda can ringy thingy
to the back. I can't think what you call those at the moment.
Anyway, you can barely see it at the top of the trivet.
Just like the mug, I forget where I got this too.
Must be getting forgetful in my old age. LOL!
Hope you all have a great Blue Monday!
~Linnea~

13 comments:

bj said...

Hi, Linnea...you are showing us some great blues today. I love the sign...
xo bj

SmilingSally said...

It is difficult to remember where every single thing came from. Get busy and get that bear up-to-date! Happy Blue Monday.

Miranda said...

Very nice blues! Love the flower.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such pretty blues. I really love the shelf and the cute sign. Hugs, Marty

BECKY said...

Hi 'Nea!! How are things out west? Good I hope!!

Love your bachelor button...just lovely, and the little salt girl!! Very cute!!

Hope you have a delightful week, sweetie!!

HUGS,
Becky

ellen b. said...

Hello Linnea! Love your blue this week. That flower is very cool :0)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Linnea,
Great blues today. Have a wonderful Blue Monday.

Becky K. said...

Those three little doilies are precious as are the other contents of the shelf.

Have a happy Monday!

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the blues you picked to share with us. They are wonderful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Jess said...

Hi Linnea ~

Just checking in.
How are you doing today?
Love all your blue stuff.
Praying that your week will be blessed.

In His grip~
Jess

Regina said...

Lovely blue.

Darlene said...

That blue bachelor button is gorgeous!!!

Terry said...

Hi Linnea!
Thanks for the sweet comments that you always leave me. I love reading your blog - you never seem to sit still!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson