Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday in Spokane


A new meme that I was not aware of until today (Saturday).
So I decided I could participate in that one. 
Hey Harriet's Photography is the gracious host for this meme.


This picture is from my trip to Spokane in July when I went to a convention there.
It was held at the Spokane Convention Center and this gazebo like structure was on the grounds between the convention center and the Spokane River.
It was a nice place to go and relax between meetings and so forth.

Happy Sunday.
Although for many that may be hard as we reflect on the horror that happened 
10 years ago.

~Linnea

10 comments:

Talibah said...

Great shot! Visiting from SSS.

Catherine said...

love the geometric squares - very sharp

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice shadow shot.

Regards and best wishes

LV said...

A very nice place to stroll and give you plenty of shadows. I LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL HEADER. THIS WEEK IS MY FIRST SSS AS WELL.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadow shot!!

Please come and see my shadows at Nostalgic Marveling, have a blessed Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo. Looks so peaceful. Chris

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Geometrical shadows! Lovely!


BITS OF SHADOW

Bits of shadow and blasts of light,
Morning and evening, noon and night;

Days of darkness, gloomy and drear;
Sometimes bright ones, bringing good cheer;

Spring or winter, summer or fall,
Light or shadow—embrace them all!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Morning Shadow Magic here

bj said...

I am loving your shadows, dear one...I love playing in SSS, too, when I can find shadows. :)

Now, you go get you some pinto beans and make a pot for your hubby..he will, in turn, give you ANYthing you want. :))
xo bj

Judi said...

Hi Linnea *hugs*
It was so nice to have you visit me...I hadn't seen you for so long! Your picture is lovely. I adore gazebos.beautiful.

Indeed it sure is hard to imagine that 10 years have passed since the horrible day of 9-11.

Blessings..have a great evening.
Judi

Anonymous said...

Great picture Linnea!
Yes, this was a sad weekend of remembering the horrific events of ten years ago. Such horrifying and senseless acts.
Thank you for your visit. Charli is sending woof, woof's your way :>)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson