Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, September 26, 2011

Blue Monday Retreat

It is BLUE Monday again!
The weeks just go marching by!
Sometimes I wish it would slow down.
Anyway, thank you to Sally at
where you can find more BLUE posts.

In August we went to a one day retreat.
Learning more about Sabbath.
One of our options was to take a walk.
Most of us were wearing BLUE.
This walk is along the Stations of the Cross.
We stopped and reflected at each station.
B-Daddy(also wearing BLUE) took a different walk
and our paths crossed here. 
He is taking a moment to pause and reflect here.
This is what the Stations of the Cross looked like.
This one is number 7 out of 14.
On the path back to the retreat center,
I came across this stuffed dog stuck among the trees.
The lunch menu framed in BLUE.
Okay....I guess I will show you a picture of the dessert.
The view out the window of the room we used for our retreat.
The room with lots of BLUE.
Meals were in a different room.
And the dinner menu also framed in BLUE.
It was wonderful to take part in this one day
Sabbath Retreat. I would love to do it again.
And just so you know, I am a Lutheran and our church was having 
this retreat.

Happy Blue Monday!
~Linnea~

9 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Linnea.

LV said...

That has to be a great place to walk. Such a peaceful place to think about the spiritual life.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Such a relaxing place!

Please come see my blue, have a great week ahead!

bj said...

These are all perfect blues for Blue Monday.
So glad you had such a nice time. It looks like a lovely place.
ox bj

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely time, Linnea!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Nanna said...

what a wonderful retreat to be a part of, beautiful pictures!
Helen

Cass @ That Old House said...

Thanks for visiting That Old House -- I think I like the RED plate setup the best, too.
So we think alike ... AND we are both Lutherans.

Coffee makes the world go 'round.

The one-day retreat sounds wonderful; what a great chance to reflect and meditate. I'm a little confused by the stuffed bear, but it sure made me smile!

Love all the blue!
Cass

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just adore the stations of the cross plaque!

Kalyan said...

Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson