Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday at School

Time for Shadow Shot Sunday!

This is my second time to participate. And I found a picture I took earlier in the year I think it was.
Anyway, this is the school my kids went to in the elementary grades.
That tree there casts interesting filigree lines.
The shadows even seem to surround the window!
Been a long time since my kids went to school there.
So many changes there now.

Happy Sunday!
~Linnea~

Join others at Hey Harriet for Shadow Shot Sunday!

11 comments:

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice shadow shot.

Regards and best wishes

Anonymous said...

That is a very nice picture with shadows! I love your Fallen header too!
Hope you're not too tired out from all of your business and thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

bj said...

I love this shadow shot. Since joining Shadow Shot Sun., I am always looking for cool shadows. :))
xo bj

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful capture.

My shadow, have a nice week ahead!

Jo said...

Linnea,
I love the shadow shots. I would like to join this if I could.
Would you please email me. I have tried 2 times and it won't go through. I don't know what the problem is, maybe on my end. I need to send you my address for the tag swap.
Hope you have a good week.
Jo

Buttercup said...

Very nice photo. I adore your header. It's the essence of autumn.

Thanks for your encouragement with Pinterest. I've gotten the idea and I've been enjoying it a lot.

Neabear said...

We live in the wine country and I took that picture last Fall as I was driving around. Catching the afternoon sun on the changing colors of the grapevines. A beautiful time here. Soon the colorful leaves will be back. Not yet, but they are coming.

lina@happy family said...

Love your shot :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linnea, I am dropping by to thank you for the sweet note you left on my last blog post. I am trying to blog a little, and I wanted to be sure and get by here to tell you how much your thoughts and prayers mean to me. I have missed you.

It seems that it's been eons since we all started blogging together, doesn't it? Where has the time gone? I hope you and your family are all well and that you are enjoying the change of seasons in California. Do you get the change where you are? We are getting a tiny bit cooler here. Some people are saying we are going to have a cold winter due to the animal's coats. We shall see.

Sending you warm hugs and much love across the miles...

XO,

Sheila

Judi said...

Hi Linnea
What a great picture! The shadow does look like its coming out of the window. I love it. Good job..
have a great evening
Judi

dana said...

It was awesome seeing you had left a comment! I miss you! I think we started our blogs around the same time. I've really backed off of spending so much time blogging and visiting. I miss it, but it was so time consuming...in a good way for me, but a bad way for the house and my little crafty business.

Anyway, I love your shadow photo and think that's a fun weekly event to participate in!

I also love your banner...and yay for you with your diet! I am lousy with diets...that's why I started jogging. It helps to burn calories, then I can eat! :) Kidding.....I try not to eat so much, too. We use Whey Powder for our protein....recommended by our doc. It gets a lot of protein into your diet in an easy and delicious way.

Hope all is going well for you and your family!!

dana

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson