Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, November 10, 2008

Blue Monday #7-More Scenes from our Trip!

Another warning, there are a lot of pictures again. But Hey, you asked for them. LOL! This first one has a blue cast to it because it was taken through the window of the restaurant we ate lunch at before going to the wedding. It gave some of the family a chance to hang out together before joining the larger group later. The restaurant is the Aloha Steak House in Ventura. A really nice view of the Pacific Ocean here.
This next picture is of my nieces and nephew from the back. They are watching for dolphins while waiting for the food to arrive. I thought it was cute how involved they got watching the water. All three of them are excellent swimmers and swim competitively. Maybe someday they will make the Olympics. If they do, I'll be able to say, "Hey, I'm their aunt"!
The next day we ate out for brunch and then drove around the San Fernando Valley area to show our daughter around. My husband and I met at a church in this area while I was in college at Cal State Northridge. We lived in Northridge for the first year and a half of our marriage. This picture shows the hospital in Panorama City where our son was born. The name of the hospital is in blue and there are the pretty blue skies.
The next picture is a couple of pretty blue and white bird houses in my sister-in-law's backyard. We stayed at their house for 3 nights before heading into the LA area. I think these birdhouses are so pretty.
Now we are in Downtown Disney waiting for Disneyland to open. Remember this is Disneyland in Los Angeles, CA. Not Disney World in Florida. I think I got a few people confused as to which Disney Park we were at for our vacation. This restaurant sign is in blue. I had to take it because when my son first moved to Florida, he lived in Naples. Although this restaurant is supposed to represent Naples, Italy not Naples, Florida. We did not eat there.
A view of Main Street at Disneyland. See how pretty it was that day. We had no rain and it was a gorgeous sunny day with beautiful blue skies all day.
Here is a view of New Orleans Square again. The Christmas decorations have started in that area. You can see some blue ornaments in the wreath and garland there.
It wasn't time to eat at the Blue Bayou Restaurant yet, so we went on the Adventure of Winnie the Pooh ride. Afterwards we found Pooh Bear and my daughter in her blue shirt posed with Winnie. She loves stuff with Winnie the Pooh. After all, she played Pooh Bear in a play she was in when she was in 9th grade.
It is getting close to our reservation time for the Blue Bayou, but I take more pictures while we wait. On Pink Saturday I showed you a pink fan. Today we have a blue fan with some blue beads hanging above it.
Here is a Christmas tree all decked out with lots of blue. So is that garland on the stair railing behind the tree.
Oh yay! It is time to go eat in the Blue Bayou Restaurant. The walls at the entry are blue so are the valances. But it is kind of hard to see that in this picture.
The next day we go to Medival Times for dinner. It was my husband's first time to go there. I had been there twice when I was a chaperone on high school band trips when my daughter was in band. It was fun for my daughter and I to share the experience with my hubby. He really enjoyed it. It was a fun night. Sitting next to us was a couple from Sydney, Australia! Hubby wears that blue jacket a lot. Now I need to take it away from him so I can wash it. Lol!
That was most of the trip for you now between the Pink Saturday and now Blue Monday. I still have a few more to share along with the Bathroom Diva pictures you have all been waiting for. What fun to keep you in suspense with those. I have to admit our Bathroom Diva pictures turned out pretty good. Thank you to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Monday for us. The link to her blog is on the Blue Jay in my side bar. So go on over and see who else is doing Blue Monday today.


23 comments:

Dirkjogt said...

Very nice pictures! The birdhouses are my favourite ones.

bj said...

Great blue pictures for us....thanks so much for sharing. I love the photo of you and your sweetie...Glad ya'll had such a good time.
love, bj

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Very informative post.
I'm 98% French from Paris, 2% German from Sulz s Neckar, my wife was born in Finland, my daughter half French and Finnish and her children half Swedish, 25% Finnish, 25% French.
Have a nice Blue Monday !

Mojo said...

I've never seen ceramic used for birdhouses, but it makes perfect sense. As long as the birds are quiet tenants at least.

The only Disney park I've ever been to is Disneyland in California and that was 40 years ago. The original Pirates of the Carribean had just opened not long before that.

Nice to know that the original park is still a good draw!

Anonymous said...

Look at you and hubby all crowned - Mr. and Mrs. Wonderfulness! I enjoyed your trip to Disney. I'd like to go back someday!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)
P.S. - That little powder room where my bunnies are is the only room in the house with wallpaper! :)

SmilingSally said...

I loved seeing your pictures and reading about this happy family trip. I think I was mixed up about which state you visited. Your sister-in-law's birdhouses are my kind of blue and white. Happy Blue Monday!

Knitty said...

Love your vacation photos. We can all vacation vicariously. :)

Lynette said...

It sounds like y'all had a wonderful trip. I thought about you often during the week and was wondering what y'all were doing!! Glad you posted all those great pics - I like the one of Shaylee with her hand on her hip at the bowling alley - she looks like a little diva princess to me!! I know that she wasn't on your trip, but I like that pic the best!!
Have a good one.
Lynette

Robyn said...

Looks like you had a great time on your trip - wonderful pics.
Have a terrific week!

Robyn

nikkicrumpet said...

You probably don't realize how much blue there is in the pictures you take...there sure are some pretty ones here. It looks like you guys had such a great time. I need a vacation!!!

ellen b. said...

Well look at you in my neck of the woods. My husband and I drive up to Ventura to walk along the beach most every Saturday. Back in August we ate at that Naples Restaurant while at Disney with some of my family. My sister and my nieces just ate at the New Orleans last Tuesday. It's a small world afterall. Love all the blue you captured in all your shots.
Happy Day to you :0)

Anonymous said...

Travel is so much fun and it looks like you enjoyed yourselves. Happy Blue Monday.

Hesses Madhouse said...

What an amazing sky! I love the birdhouses. Thanks for sharing all these photos. They're great for those of us who don't go many places. Makes us feel like we've been there too.

Sweetie said...

What great pictures. Each one is my favorite. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Missy Wertz said...

I love those bird houses! Beautiful blue post. Never been to Disneyland but have been to WDW a few times and will be going again in a couple of weeks... Happy Blue Monday!

Kim said...

Linnea.. Thank you so much for sharing all of the beautiful photos from your trip. I looks like you had a wonderful time with your family. Have a great week and Happy Blue Monday!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great blue post! Love the blue Christmas tree!

Happy Blue Monday! ~Rhonda

Dawn said...

You certainly had a great selection of pictures to share! It was nice looking at them all. My favorites are the bird houses. Yes, they are very beautiful. I liked the Christmas tree too. I'll bet your days were so full of fun things to do!!!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures! It looks like such a great time. I like the way you decorated your blog for Thanksgiving. Happy Blue Monday!

Darlene said...

Great pictures from your fabulous trip. I know y'all had a fun, fun time!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

JUST HAD TO STOP BY AND SAY WHAT A WONDERFUL BLOG YOU HAVE!
KEEP UP WITH THE GOOD WORK!
I LOVE YOUR TEAPOTS, CUPS & SAUCERS, BLUE CHINA... THE LIST COULD GO ON AND ON... lOL
KIND REGARDS,
DEBBIE MOSS

(ENGLAND)

Salmagundi said...

It's amazing all of the blue we can find for these Blue Monday posts. Your pictures are great (I've never been to Disneyland!) Sally

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

You got some great shots. I sooo wish I'd known you were going to dland. I would have met you there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson