Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pink Saturday #11-PEZ Musuem

I have a few more pictures of the Pez Musuem I had not shown before. Plus I did some cropping on other pictures so you can see better what was in the pictures.
They had a few things made from the Pez candies. This Santa sleigh was one of those items. The candies look kind of pink to me.
Here is another sculpture made from the Pez candies. I think it is the fairy tale Rapunzel.

A close crop of some of the colorform boxes. Looks like there is some variation of pink in there.

How do you like this one? A viewmaster that looks like Big Bird from Sesame Street with those Hot Pink sunglasses. I think that maybe my favorite item in the musuem.
Thank you to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for hosting this Pink Saturday for us. There is a link to her blog in my side bar if you want to check out others who are also participating in Pink Saturday.
Happy Pink Saturday!!

33 comments:

bj said...

good morning...this is a great pink post..thanks so much for sharing...
oh, and i don't see me following your blog so i am going to sign up for that right now.....
love, bj

bj said...

uh, ooo, i don't see where i can click to be one of your followers...??

Anonymous said...

Greetings from snowy white Finland to you and happy pink Saturday!

You show nice pink things here, I am afraid, that I don`t have imagination enough for this pink thinking or it is so new to me.
I have to try going inside it :)

Happy weekend to you and your lovely family!
My pinkpost is :
http://leejattas.aminus3.com

Michelle said...

I love the pez tower. That looks like a fun place to go. I like to look at old stuff.

Michelle said...

I love the pez tower! I love to go look at stuff like that. We don't have cool stores like that around here.

suesueb said...

i didn't even know there was a pez museum!! such fun pics! happy pink saturday!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Very clever making all the pez goodies...What a fun place to visit....
I think all my husband and I will exchange this year is the stockings.....we have to many fabulous grandkids to spoil...that is why I can not have to many things in my living room....we all can not fit....I even have to move out some furniture for us all to get in there on Christman Eve....we have so much fun !!!!!

Ed said...

lovely Pink Saturday post, have a lovely weekend xx

fairiemoon said...

Oooo! I love the pez tower. I wonder how many pez the creator ending up eating while building the tower! Happy Pink Saturday!

Suzie Button said...

Good Afternoon, Linnea! Wow, it's amazing how creative people are, a Pez factory, funny! I enjoyed your pink Pez tour! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

Glennis said...

the Pez Museum!! how fantastic is that!! Great photos! Now I'm going to explore your other post!

Have a great Pink Saturday!

Elzie said...

Hello there! How nice to hear from you! Do you know where you're relatives came from in Sweden? I'm always fascinated about this. I live in an area where there were lots of people moving to USA.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
Love Elzie

Betty said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I have some of those pez containers...somewhere...I even have a pink rabbit pez.

Dawn said...

I really like that Pez sleigh!! There sure are a lot of creative people out there!

Thanks for sharing the close up of the colorforms. I just loves those when I was a kid!

take care,
Dawn

Fifi Flowers said...

Happy Pink Saturday! ENJOY your day! Fifi

Elzie said...

Linnéa is the county flower for the county (Kronoberg) we live in. It's nice to know that you have such a Nordic name LOL.
Now I must be a bit social with my DH as the clock is 9.45 pm.
Hope you have a nice day with your family tomorrow.
Love Elzie

Robyn said...

Hi Linnea,
What great, fun pics of the PEZ collection! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Afternoon, Linnea! I love all the Pez things and have a beautiful Pink Saturday!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

ellen b. said...

Hi Linnea!! Hope you are having a nice Saturday. This is such a fun Pink post! What a fun tour....

Jeanne said...

Linnea, thanks for your computer comments. I did figure out what was wrong. My dh had to clear the cache and it worked. Beverly, our host told us what to do. she is my longtime friend and my tech rep for my computer. LOL. I do love you Pez post. so very interesting and very collectible these days.

Hugs...Jeanne

Kathy said...

Wow - I had no idea people made these thngs from PEZ! Very clever!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

great post! love the viewmaster! Happy Pink Saturday

Life on the Edge said...

Those Pez candy creations are pretty cool! It was fun to see the other things in the museum too, especially the Colorforms. I remember those! Your museum post for Blue Monday was fun too!

Kady

Ellen said...

How fun are pez...love your post. Happy pinkness
Kindredly,EllenL

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday morning!

Thank you for your comment on my blog,
but my Pink post was now in this address:

http://leejattas.aminus3.com

If you copy and paste it, you can see it. I have now published more photos on those Aminus pages than
Blogger`s blog.

Greetings
Leena

Elzie said...

Hi again!
I must have been dizzy yesterday LOL. Our county is SMĂ…LAND, not Kronoberg (it's our province!).
Here the sun is shining today and it's just beautiful with the snow. Hope you have a nice Sunday.
Love Elzie

Anonymous said...

I never knew there was a Pez Museum. That would be a fun trip!

Chloe Patricia said...

Linnea, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog yesterday. I like Rapunzel in the pets tower best. Happy Pink weekend. Chloe Patricia

nikkicrumpet said...

Hah..I like the Mr. and Mrs. Santa clause pez dispensers in there little pink pez sleigh! Funny how people would go to so much trouble to make stuff like that. Weird hobby if you ask me lol. Have a super Sunday!

RoeH said...

Hey there.....thanks for stopping by my blog. I absolutely love meeting new people. And I'm crazy about your blog. So cute!! Hope you don't mind if I come back and visit. Thanks.

CC said...

I love your pretty blog and all the Pez containers..
Happy belated Pink Saturday..have a lovely day.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

There really was a lot to see at that place wasn't there?! While I am a fan of Pez, it's the colorforms that really get me. I remember having boxes of those things and having hours and hours of fun with them. They were a fave of mine.
Thanks for sharing and I hope you've had a fantastic weekend. It's really cooled down here. How about there?
Oh! Be sure to come over. I've got a little something for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Linnea.

My grandson would love the Pez museum. He has a small Pez collection.

We still have my son's old ViewMaster.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson