Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pink Saturday #9-Scenes from our trip

First off I should warn you there are a lot of pictures here. More than I usually do. But people told me to take lots of pictures on my trip. And lots of pictures I took. Today I will show you ones with pink in them for Pink Saturday. Thank you to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for hosting Pink Saturday. There are many to visit. Visit as many as you can. The link to Beverly's blog is in my side bar.

First up is this trio of pictures above. This was in the bathroom of the church my cousin's wedding was held at in Ventura. No I did not do a Bathroom Diva picture in that bathroom. But be watching for my post on the Bathroom Diva pictures I did do.

We stayed at my hubby's brother's house. My sister-in-law has many pretty things in her house. Here are some of her pink pretties. Above is the display she has on her buffet. That is just one of her collection of her teapots.

This is a Mary Englebrit teapot set. I know it looks red in the picture, but it really is pink. At least to my eyes it was. Isn't it cute and adorable?

Here is another, looks like it is another Mary Englebrit design. I also think this one is adorable also.
Here is yet another pretty in pink teapot. My SIL takes advantage of cake plates to display some of her things. I had forgotten she did that until I saw them again. Thank you again to my SIL for letting us stay at your house. It was so nice to relax there for a bit.

These dresses are in a store window at Downtown Disney. We were early and spent the time browsing Downtown Disney until we could enter Disneyland.

Here we are at the entrance to Disneyland. My precious daughter took the picture. I am wearing that pink shirt I posted in last week's Pink Saturday.

The sign at the entrance to the Winnie the Pooh ride has pink in it. This is something new that was not here in 2002.
New Orleans Square was already decked out for the holidays. Lots of pretty colors. Here it is a pink fan with pink boas/garland along the railings.

Next it was Toontown, another area that is new to me. Here we have pink on the mailbox at the house of Minnie Mouse.
Inside is more pink. The phone is pink and in a cute heart shape.

Pink in the kitchen in Minnie's house.
My daughter forgot to pack a jacket. It got left behind in the rush to leave. We bought her this one with Minnie in pink!
A pink souvenir for me. A pink shirt! My husband got one in gray. There you have it. The pinks in our travels! Hope you enjoyed the memories with me. Happy Pink Saturday!!



25 comments:

bj said...

What a fantastic pink posting!
i love those tea pots!
Happy day, bj

Anonymous said...

What great Pink Shares you had today!!

I love YOUR shirt and your daughter's shirt!

Hope your PSat is the best! dana

Dawn said...

How fun. I love your pink! The toon town pictures are great. I can only imagine how fun it must have been to be there. A child must feel like they are in heaven when they enter that place. Thanks for the fun tour through your pictures.

take care,
Dawn

Suzie Button said...

Hi Linnea, Happy Pink Saturday! I love all your pink at Disneyland, and all the teapots are gorgeous too! My favorite is the mailbox at Minnie Mouse's house! Suzie

nikkicrumpet said...

I love that everyone is smiling and having such a good time...but then you were at the happiest place on earth!

Jeanne said...

Linnea, love your pink today. Your sil has lovely teapots but I love your Mary Englebrit teapots. What fun to visit Disney and your pink t-shirts are a good memory to take home. You look so happy and cute in your photos. Where are those Diva pics? Smile.

Hug, Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Linnea, about my daughters, no they are not twins. They are 14 months apart and very close as sisters. They act like twins. LOL. If one of them buys something the other one wants one just like it. This has been true for all their growing up years. Maybe they haven't grown up yet. Smile. They are 43 and 42 years old and my son just turned 41. DON'T ASK! LOL

Hugs...Jeanne

fairiemoon said...

Oh! I LOVE Disneyland. It is my favorite place in the world...or at least one of them! I also love the Mary Engelbreit tea sets. I have the Meadow tea set and love it! Happy Pink Saturday!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I love Disneyland...we are going Dec 10...I love Christmas in Disneyland....Your pictures are great.....can not wait to see more !!!!
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Sherri said...

looks like you have a wonderful time. I like the idea of displaying items on cake plates. HPS :)

just a little bit shabby said...

Happy Pink Saturday!
Thanks for the instructions about how to post the pictures. It was very clear! So I will try it when I do my next post.
Glad that you all had fun at Disneyland. I've only been there twice. My first time was when I was 40. But still got to my inner child. When my daughter and I went we did a lot of shopping and not too many rides. Only those that are not high or fast!!
Have a good week end.
sandyt

Anonymous said...

Love the teapots! Have a great pink week :o)

Hilda said...

Linnea,
So glad you are having a wonderful time on your trip! Love all your pink today!!
Take care,
Hilda

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Oh, now you know how I love the tea pots and you've shown some very pretty ones! Hope you have a very good weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

SmilingSally said...

Gee, if I knew you were going to be coming that close to me, I'd at least have waved! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Those are the prettiest coffee mugs I've ever seen - the fancy ones with the roses - wow!

KatCollects said...

What a fun trip, I can't wait to see those Diva pictures : ) Thank you so much for the good wishes on my surgery, they are most appreciated!
Hugs,
Kathy

Charlotte said...

Hi Linnea....you look like a good time was had by all...your daughter is so cute. Hope you got home safe and sound and have lots of fun memories of the trip....Sue

Stephanie said...

What a fun trip!! Thanks for sharing it!

I want a heart shaped phone just like Minnie's!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely Pink Pics!!! Have a fun filled pink week!

Betty said...

Ohhhhh!! I love Disneyland! What a wonderful place to look for pink!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Linnea.

It seems you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing all the pretty things and wonderful sights with us.

CC said...

I love all those beautiful teapots. Happy late Pink Saturday and have a great week. :)

Jan's Blog said...

I love the pinks in your travels and you blog. Thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

Happy belated Pink Saturday! I felt like I was walking right alongside you on you trip while browsing your pictures! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson