Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pink Saturday #8-Packing for a Trip

I was trying to figure out what to do for a Pink Post for Pink Saturday. I realized I had some pink things I was packing for our trip.
First up is my hot pink luggage tag on our new suitcase. Can't miss this one I bet at the airport!
This is what inspired me to do a packing for a trip pink saturday. I noticed my puzzle book I am taking has a pink cover. A book by my favorite author has some pink in it too. Yes I am taking the book. LOL!
This is my current crochet project I have been working on forever it seems. It is supposed to be for my granddaughter Shaylee. I hope to spend some relaxing time crocheting while we are on our trip.
Ahh, a couple of pink shirts. I think will take those. I will probably wear one of them to Disneyland.
Some more pink items. Toothpaste, although I bought a travel size so this one will probably stay home. My blush, some nail polish, my razor and a pair of socks with pink in it. Yay! I can wear them with one of my pink shirts.
I found my pink hat. I think I will take that too. Just in case. Though the forecast is for cloudy days with maybe some rain.
Hey, another pair of socks with pink in them. I think will take these along with me.
My shoes have pink too! I better take them for walking all over Disneyland. Happy Pink Saturday. By the time most of you read this, I will already be in LA, since we are flying tomorrow. Actually, I may quite possibly already be at the wedding. And yes I finished my outfit at about 3:15 am or so. I am still up preparing this post. It is now almost 3:50 am. I guess I will be doing a lot of sleeping on the bus ride to the airport and again on the plane.
I will be wearing the Halloween socks I got from my secret pal at church for the travel day.
Thank you Beverly for hosting Pink Saturday! There is a link to her blog in my side bar.

23 comments:

Dawn said...

Very lovely pink items. I like that author too. I've read her Knitting stories...The Shop on Blossom Street...etc.

I like your pink tops, sneakers, socks and hat. You will be dressed to the nines!

Enjoy your vacation.

take care,
Dawn

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY you little night owl!! Have a great time at the wedding and at Disney land...PICTURES...TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!

Robyn said...

What a fun traveling pink post - have a great time in Disneyland!

Have a fun pink saturday!

SmilingSally said...

You are loaded with Pretty Pink things. Happy Pink Saturday!

Glennis said...

Hope you have a wonderful time here in Los Angeles! The weather's a little gloomy today, but otherwise, it's pretty nice.

Happy Pink Saturday, and travel safe.

Knitty said...

I hope you are having (or have already had) a wonderful time at the wedding and that you love Disney World.

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi Linnea,
I'm sorry you didn't win my giveaway! But, I'm pretty sure will be doing it again at Christmas! Maybe, Santa will have a very special surprise for you then! :) Hope you have a great time at the wedding!

Carol
Meadowsweet Days

Betty said...

Oh! You're going to Disneyland. Have a wonderful time!!

Stephanie said...

Great Pink Post!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

imjacobsmom said...

Sounds like your in for some FUN! Hope your Pink Saturday is fun, too! ~ Robyn

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a wonderful trip.

Happy Pink Saturday, Linnea.

KatCollects said...

I hope you have a wonderful pink vacation in Disneyland : )
Kathy

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I think it's so fun that you r"found" all those pink items! I love Debbie Macomber too!I bought like 6 of her books at a flea market for $2.00! Score! Anyway, have a great trip and be safe.
Colleen

Suzie Button said...

Hi Linnea, I think you're ready for your trip, you have all the pink essentials! Have a great flight and trip! Suzie

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Charlotte said...

I want to go to L.A.!!!! My daughter is suppose to take me for my 60th. and my special gift is going to be spending the day mingling with the Hollywood "chimps"...yes, I'll be going to a training facility for chimps and spending the day interacting with them.........A lifelong dream of mine..I know I'm crazy and my husband said I'm going to get bit. He should only know what it's going to cost he would have a stroke...Hey, you only turn 60 once!! have fun in Disneyland...He has talked me out of the Napa Valley hot air balloon ride we were going to take...He showed me video's on U-Tube of all the balloons that have caught fire in mid air....I think I'll listen to him on that one.

Kim said...

How fabulous that you found all of that wonderful pink to take on your trip with you :). I love the black and white luggage with the pop of hot pink on the luggage tag. Have a great trip!!

Sherri said...

WOW, so fun to travel in PINK style!

Darlene said...

Hope you have a GREAT pink trip!!!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

It looks like you are all ready for your trip to Disneyland...I love Disneyland....and you have all your Pinks packed.....Your are going to have a Fabulous time...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

bj said...

I love all your pinks...isn't it funny how we think we have no pink, start looking around, and walla...there's a bunch!!haha
love, bj

Anonymous said...

I could use that pink luggage tag. My husband can never see my suitcase on the carrosel at the airport.

Unknown said...

Great idea for a post! Debbie Macomber is one of my favorites and I always bring a puzzle book on long trips!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson