
Time for Outdoor Wednesday!!
Susan at
A Southern Day Dreamer is our host today!!

This is a favorite scene of mine as I drive to work.
This was taken on a sunny day in April.
Look at the various shades of green!
We have been having rain lately.

Here is the same scene obscured by the rain clouds.
I think I have the camera pointing a little to the right compared to the previous picture.
The green vineyards look bright compared to the dark hills.

Another rainy scene.
This time taken on my way home from work.
I was intrigued by the way the clouds were clinging to the hillsides.

I spot a raven sitting on the grapevines.

Taken while I was driving.
Bad Me.
It was those clouds the drew me again.
That white fence along the road has roses growing
all along the length of the fence.
They are now blooming in so many colors.

This one was taken on Sunday on our way to church.
Still having rain.
That hillside was so pretty when the yellow mustard flowers
were in bloom.
Actually it is always interesting.
We turned left when we got to the end of the road up there.

Hubby is driving, so that left me free to take pictures.
After we turned left we see these cows having a committee meeting.
They are all convened in one place.
Must be an important meeting.
Probably about where to dine on the grass next.

I have posted a picture taken as we come over the hill here before.
But it was very sunny that time.
This time the rain clouds hide that moutain in the distance.
Look at all the different greens!

This is Domaine Carneros Winery.
It is a much photographed winery.
Especially coming from the opposite direction from
which we are going here.

This is a little further to the left from the
previous picture.
There is a pond there and several weeping willows.
We will have to stop and get a picture coming from the
other way sometime soon.
It is very pretty from that direction.

This was on a car antenna when we got to church.
It says Heart Breaker.
I have played around with this picture and the background colors
are not at all the original colors.

Raining on my roses.

More raining on my roses.

Rain on flowers and foliage at church.

Here is another picture taken on Tuesday.
I like the darks and lights here.
Spots of sunlight and spots of shade from the clouds.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday!!
~Linnea~
25 comments:
Beautiful photos, I can't wait for my roses to bloom. I hope you have a good week.
Kathy
Beautiful, Linnea! Absolutely gorgeous.
XO,
Sheila :-)
I'm so jealous. I love green and rain. And where do I live! Beautiful scenery and photos. I can live vicariously through your blog. Yes!
I enjoyed all your photos today...thanks for sharing.
pretty flowers. i love your sights when you drive to church. those hills and mountains are gorgeous. and so green!
Happy Outdoor Wednesday Linnea! Not that I can say much (because I do it too) BUT be careful while driving and taking pictures! We don't want you hurt! Your roses are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan
What a beautiful road trip, I loved the photos.
The Raggedy Girl
Your driving to and from Church photo's got me thinking about what I see on that drive every week. I'll have to post those photo's one day soon. Oh Boy - they are a LOT different that yours!
How very appropriate that as I am looking at your pictures, the thunder is rumbling, and we are about to get slammed. It didn't rain for two weeks, and now we hardly get any sunshine.
OOOoooo...rain on the roses- BEAUTIFUL!!!
What a lovely area! Thx for sharing!
Love the photos of the countryside. Double clicking them really shows the detail nicely! Good job!
Linnea.. What a gorgis view you have as you travel to work. Your Roses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie
Hi Linnea, the scenery and the flowers are beautiful!!
Happy Outdoor Wednesday.
Barb
Hi Linnea,
What a beautiful view to see before work and to see coming home, Your roses are beautiful also. Thank you for sharing.
Sue
What a great view. Thanks for sharing your pics!
Such beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing it with us. Your photos are lovely.
You live in such a beautiful part of the country! Love the rain and clouds! Send some to Florida!
Evening, Linnea! Oh, what beautiful pictures! I love seeing the country and miss having any country to go to!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)
Wow, those are such cool pictures of the hills and the vineyard and the clouds! I also really love those flower pictures.
Yes, I am getting Stella next, yippee! I have been following her adventures since you had her, and checked out all the blogs where she had visited before she came to you. I don't think I can top her adventures with Shelia though! I have been laughing so hard at what she has come up with. I really enjoyed all the adventures she had at your house too! I have some things planned which I hope are unique.
Kady
good morning!!
thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
i love your pics!
you are right , my first pic does look like something with arms! lol thats too funny.
kim
Beautiful pictures!! Those cloudy days make me want to crawl into bed and sleep!~
I answered your qq about the additional blog storage space on my blog.
How lovely 'Nea!! I really would love to have that drive close to me!! And your floral collages are breathtaking!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!
Hugs!!
Becky
Hi Linnea! Oh, I think I'll add a reminder of her tattoo on her shoulder!
MY BAD!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)
You have beautiful photos! I love the flowers. We have had so much rain lately that the greens are really green!!! I like the contrasting pictures you shared.
take care,
Dawn
Linnea...you sure do have some gorgeous countryside around you! I love all the pics of the clouds and your beautiful roses. In that one pic with the steep hillside, it looks like they are growing something there...I see rows. Are they really growing something on that hillside...I know you mentioned mustard flower? I'm amazed they can plant on something so steep! Beautiful pics! Wonderful Outdoor Wed post! Susan
Post a Comment