Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, May 18, 2009

Blue Monday-Take me out to the Ballgame!

Yay! It is Blue Monday again!
Thank you to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting this fun day!
Go and visit her to see who else is participating in
Blue Monday.
This is where we were on Saturday.
Raley Field in Sacramento to see the River Cats play.
They are the Triple A affliate of the Oakland A's.
We had taken my brother there for his birthday.
It was a very BLUE sky day.
All, or it seems all of these posts have tiles on them that are drawings
done by school children in the Sacramento area.
You can see lots of BLUE in the tiles.
We were early, so the seats had not quite filled up yet.
It was Youth Baseball and Softball Day.
The kids teams and coaches got to march around the field before the start of the game.
You can see BLUE clothing and BLUE signs.
I am sure it was a thrill for the kids.
I remember my son doing that at an A's game when he was young.
The kids are still marching around.
This is the scoreboard.
We were sitting just to the right of home plate.
This is the view of what we can see of the bridge over the Sacramento River from our seats.
When we sit more along the third base line we can see even more of this bridge.

Two school choirs combined to sing the National Anthem.
One of the schools choirs are wearing blue shirts.
When the players were introduced and ran on the to field,
each player had two or three youth baseball kids running on the field with them.
The kids stayed out there with the players during the National Anthem.
I thought that was way cool!
And I'm sure a delight for the kids who got to do that.
It was very hot in Sacramento on Saturday!
Over 100 degrees and almost no wind as you can see by this flag.
Note the BLUE there.
As it got darker, the lights in this building went on.
Hubby tells me this building is called the Ziggurat.

This particular vendor was in our area.
Whenever music came on between innings he would set down his tray thingie and start dancing.
He is dancing here, that is why the blurry photo.
The crowd loved him.
People were posing with him for pictures.

We stayed for the fireworks show.
I used the fireworks setting on my camera for the first time.
Took a while for me to find the setting.
I looked for it during the game several times before I finally found it.
I wanted to be ready when it was time for the fireworks.

I thought I did pretty good since it was my first time to use that setting.

One thing though, it was slow moving along. I had to wait for the "busy" thing to go off before I could take another picture. I need to read up more on how that works.
Happy Blue Monday everyone!!
~Linnea~

13 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Cool photos... love the fireworks!

NatureFootstep said...

There was a lot going on in your images. Nice shots. :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Looks like a wonderful day (and night!)Ball games are the BEST!

Terry said...

Happy Blue Monday.

Michelle said...

I LOVE baseball games! I've never been to one with fireworks though. How fun!! Wow, I thought we had a hot weekend. Hope you had sunscreen on. :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope you had a wonderful day. That sky was a gorgeous shade of blue.

raxx a day in the life said...

Hi! Happy Blue Monday! You might guess I'm not too familiar with baseball, besides what i've seen on tv of course! But i like the exitement of the stadium!

The Muse said...

Long ago, with sons at home...it was baseball EVERY weekend! LOL...
I miss it so...but soon the grandson will be involved...and we can get back in the game!

Loved seeing the images and was ver tickled to see FIREWORKS!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

great pictures! I miss going to more games! Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Neat!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Joyce said...

Love the fireworks and I also posted baseball photos a few weeks ago. I love to go to the games but we lost our game so no fireworks for us:( Thanks for sharing your fun photos with me as I love to see different stadiums around the country.
Joyce

Stacey said...

I SO miss the baseball games!! We had a minor league team in Bradenton, and the absolute best stadium to see it in. Baseball is just great, isn't it? They haven't a clue over here!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. It took me back. At least I was able to take Ian to a ballgame once when he was visiting my family in America. Here's to getting to another one!!

Heather said...

how fun! love the fireworks photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson