Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, August 17, 2009

Blue Monday

Are we back at Monday already?
Seems to come faster every week.
Thank you to Sally over at Smiling Sally
for making our Mondays less Blue.
No wait, make that more Blue.
Of course we mean that in a positive way.
Right?
~~~~~~~~~
Now you may be thinking what the heck am I taking pictures of now?!?
Any idea what this may be?
Actually makes for an interesting picture.

And here those whatever they are,
in a different form.
I will keep you wondering while I move on here.
~~~~~~
My morning glories have been blooming.
Getting lots of BLUE ones.

Here is a mosaic of the different picture I have taken.
Such an intense BLUE.
I love looking out the window and see how many are in bloom
each morning.
~~~~~~~~
I have been busy stitching different things lately.
Here is a batch of BLUE!

Shades of BLUE embroidery floss.
~~~~~~
What is that you say?
Oh, I am supposed to let you know what was up with
the first two pictures.
Those are eyeglasses cleaning cloths.
I have two BLUE ones.
And they were starting to not do a very good job of cleaning.

Leaving my eyeglasses smeary instead of sparkling.
So I soaked them.
They are soaking in the first picture.
You can actually see how murky the water is there.
EWWW!
No wonder they weren't doing the job anymore.
And in the second one and I have them spread out
to dry.
So there you have it.
Kind of a strange thing to take a picture of.
But Hey, they are BLUE!!
~~~~~
Happy BLUE Monday!
~Linnea~

15 comments:

Buttercup said...

And you won a little prize at Buttercup's for a guess about where I was going, and it's blue! I'm at cornwallst59@hotmail and please send me your address. Congratulations!

SmilingSally said...

I don't think I've ever heard of glass cleaning cloths. Thanks for informing me. Happy Blue Monday.

jeanne said...

Good morning Linnea, yep they are blue. I couldn't imagine what they were. I liked the suspense. Love the floss too. Beautiful shades of blue. The morning glories are lovely in your mosaic. They pop up in our yard from time to time and i have ben pulling them out. Maybe I should re-think that. lol.

Have a happy day.

Hugs...Jeanne

Hootin Anni said...

Those eyeglass cleaning cloths are great closeup photos...well, actually ALL your photos are super.

I just posted about my 'wildlife' in the backyard experience this morning. Hope you're having a great day.

susan said...

Do the cloths still work? I always thought they had something "built in" to make them work. I love the shades of blue in the floss! Good job keeping us guessing!

Becky K. said...

I love your blue floss. I love to buy floss and I haven't stitched in years...sad, isn't it?

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Coloradolady said...

Lovely blues...funny about the eyeglass cloth, I would have never guessed that....love the morning glories, they are one of my favorite flowers.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the blues you've chosen to share with us today. I hope you are having a great day.

Ruby said...

Ah! the suspense. How can something so simple be so intriguing? Nice post. Mine are gray and probably need washing too. :)

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy Blue Monday to you.
What a creative post today and super photos too !
You are so much fun to visit.
Have a great rest of the week.
Hugs
Happy Trails

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday!
hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

Elzie said...

Lovely blue colors. Sorry I've not been here for a while. Hopefully I can change that from now on.
Hope you have a nice day.
Love Elzie

Happily Retired Gal said...

What LOVELY blues you've shared here and what marvelous quotes on your blog too! Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

BECKY said...

Hi "nea,
Sure love all of your blue!! I'm headed over to your other blog to see what you have been up to there!

Have a wonderful Wednesday! We are headed to Universal Studios for the day!! Whew! I'm hot and tired just thinking about it!!

Love and hugs,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Good evening Linnea, I never would have guessed. Those eye glass cleaning clothes have never worked for me. I just rinse my glasses under running water and dry them gently with a cloth diapher. I hope you are having a lovely week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson