Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, August 24, 2009

Blue Monday

BLUE Monday is here again!
Thank you Sally for hosting this every week.
You can visit Sally at Smiling Sally to see who
else has their BLUE's posted.
When Sally posted her blue vases recently,
it reminded me of the ones I have.
B-Daddy bought these for me when we did not
have very much decor in the house.
We had only been married a couple of years or so.
Now we are approaching our 30th anniversary.
That tells you how long we have had these!
They are even getting to be Vintage!!
This is how I have them displayed with
one sitting on a BLUE metal box.
Gives it that height interest.
I have other things displayed in front of them.
But I will be sharing those items
tomorrow for Three or More Tuesday.
(on my sewing and craft blog)
See you then!
Happy BLUE Monday!
~Linnea~

11 comments:

SmilingSally said...

They do look similar to mine. I love that cobalt blue! Thanks for sharing your blues. Happy Blue Monday.

Lynn said...

The designs are very elegant on these vases.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty vases Linnea. I love beautiful things that have sentimental value as well ♥ Happy Blue Monday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Lindsay-ann said...

Happy Blue Monday Linnea
Thanks for sharing your beautiful blue vases.
I sent your package today so watch out for it!
Lindsay
x

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Whoohoo on 30 years!!! Nice vases.

Mary Bergfeld said...

They are just lovely and I'll wager have a whole lot more value because he bought them for you. Thanks for sharing them with us. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

ellen b said...

Lovely Blue Linnea! Congratulations on approaching 30 years!!

Becky said...

Root beet floats, think I will pass! Lovely shade of blue, like cobalt blue isn't it? Sorry I'm so behind on my reading, this tooth thing will be over soon, then I will be back to my old silly self I hope!

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

What beautiful blue vases! Those would look LOVELY in my home too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

jeanne said...

Linnea, your blue vases are so special. Boy, thirty years go by fast huh? A treasure to love for sure.

Hugs...Jeanne

claudie said...

Hi Linnea
I always have a hard time with that one. Vases verses vase. I know it's all about price.
Yours are lovely.
Have a happy 30th..we celebrated our 21st.
Happy Blue Monday
Love Claudie
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson