Thank you to Susan at
A Southern Daydreamer for hosting.

Here is a peacful scene to start you off.
This was taken about week and a half ago on my way home from church.
It was cloudy that day.
This tree is all by itself in this big field.
I have seen people stop to take pictures of this view.
I had the day off on Monday and it was a beautiful day.
Besides doing the decluttering in the kitchen I mentioned in yesterday's post,
we also spent some time outside pulling more weeds.
And admiring the flowers.

This lavender bush is really blooming its heart out this year.
This is the most I have seen it bloom since I planted it.

Another picture of the lavender.

About three or four of the dianthus plants I put in last year have come back.
I discoverd that when I pulled out the weeds in this area.
Surprises to be found when pulling weeds. A few of the Verbenas I planted also seem to be coming back.
Other surprises included several worms.
Guess I was disturbing them as I was pulling the weeds.
I sort of jumped each time I saw one. Eeek!

Here are all the weeds we still need to pull out.
Ugh!
That is hubby down there checking out the rose bushes.
Where he's standing was also full of weeds.
We got those the last couple of times we worked outside.
This time we worked at this end. You can see on the left there where we stopped.
That rose bush on the corner of the deck(it is behind the tree there)
was so full of red roses last year.
I hope it does the same again this year.

Another view showing where we pulled weeds on Monday.
I just planted those darker green daisy bushes last year.
I can't believe how big they are already!
The lighter green ones I have had a couple of years now.
To the right of those daisy bushes is a small lavender plant which has a few blooms.
The one I show in the earlier pictures is to the left out of range of this picture.
I am planning on putting Morning Glories in the pot and train them to go over the arch.

My pitiful Petunia tower that I did a tutorial on recently.
Time to clean that out and start again with new petunias.
The weeds sure get out of hand when we have rain.

Look what is blooming now!!
My fushia flowers. Last year it was really full.
Looks like that will happen again this year.
All those buds getting ready to open up.

Here is a close up.

Another.

And another. Such pretty colors!!

I took down the St Patrick's Day garden flags and put up spring!
I love this one. It is brand new!
You can still see the folds. Perhaps I should have ironed it. LOL!

This is the other new one I bought.
Also still has its folds.
I got both of these on clearance from Michael's last year.
So this is my first time to use these.
******************
Now my car frustrations.
Yesterday I was on the way home from work and my car just suddenly quit on me.
I could see the lights start to go on and it became hard to steer.
I was able to pull over and get on to a side road where there was plenty of room.
But I am stuck between towns. Not good.
Since the oil light went on first I check the oil.
It seemed low. But evidently I was not completely out of oil.
In the meantime I was texting my hubby, telling him what happened
and where I was. He was texting me back telling me what to do.
He then left from work, but it would take him awhile to get to me.
I was glad I already peed before leaving work.
I was glad it was not raining like it was on Saturday.
I was glad it was not too hot or too cold.
I was thankful I was away from the traffic.
And I was very grateful a really nice man stopped to help.
Another lady stopped also, but when she saw I had help she left.
It was determined I needed a tow.
The man offered to help with the phone call since I don't talk on phones.
A tow truck was coming, hubby was on the way,
the man decided to stay until one of them got there.
So while waiting, he was curious how I was understanding him.
I told him I can hear him some, but rely on lipreading a lot.
The traffic noise was interfering with my hearing him well.
He understood that part, it was bothering him too.
Funny thing was, he was on his way home from picking up his car from the repair place.
He left his work car at the repair place to bring home the other one.
This morning his wife is going to drive him to where his work car is parked then he can go to work.
Nice to know we are not the only ones having car issues.
The tow truck got there just before hubby.
We were so grateful to the man for helping me.
The tow truck guy asked where I am from with my accent.
I explain to him it is a speech impediment from my hearing loss.
That started another interesting conversation about his mother-in-law and how he learned to really move his lips when he talks. I told him I was glad.
More people need to move their lips more when conversing with others.
Incidently, he was very easy to lip read.
What a day!
Guardian angels watch overing me again.
That happens regularly.
I am so grateful.
New issue.
I need a car since I am working in two buildings that are 40 minutes apart.
We get a rental car.
Getting that was a whole new set of frustrations.
Maybe I will write about that one later.

In the meantime, here is that peaceful scene again to calm us down.
Take a deep breath........another..........
Are we calmed down now?
Yes?
Good.
Stay that way.
~Linnea~
Update: Where was my head when I typed this? As I re-read this post I realize I put Fushia bulbs. Silly me! Those are Freesia bulbs. I guess anyone could make that mistake.
About the car, so far the water pump and the timing belt needs to be replaced. I hope that is all.
Don't know the cost yet. Gotta go. Stopped by home as I went from one building to another today. Yep, home is in between the two buildings.
21 comments:
Love that tree. What an incredible shape.
Your "pitiful Petunia" tower will be a "perfectly pretty Petunia " tower before you know it! Hve a great spring day - we're here expecting another winter storm - hopefully the last!
Happy Outdoor Wednesday Linnea! I am glad you had a good samaritan keeping an eye on you through your car ordeal!
Loved all the lavender...and isn't it fun finding surprises in the garden?!
Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan
Hello Linnea,
Loved the picture of the tree beautiful I can see why people stop and take pictures, But the lavender my favorite. I am sorry to hear about your ordeal with the car, there is nothing anymore frustrating that to be stranded with a car that won't go. so glad everything worked out for you.
Sue
So sorry about the car, but loved all your photo's today. I had forgotten all about your petunia tower. I want the husband to get me the supplies for one this weekend!
Happy OW, your photos have calmed me too from the lovely tree to the Lavender and those pots piled up to the spring banners. Kathy.
Hi Linnea, your tree photo is gorgeous. The car ordeal is bad but it looks like you were in good hands. I have never had good luck with petunias. They just bloom out and are no longer attractive. I don't know my around them I guess. Your photos of the flowers are so good. I enjoyed your text today.
Hugs...Jeanne
Hi 'Nea! So sorry to hear about the car issues!! I had to take mine today to have a slow leak plugged in the tire. It's always something, huh?
Your Outdoor Wednesday post is great!! Love the tree pic and all of your pretty flowers!! I've got to get some planted. We spent some big bucks planting shrubs last year, so the flowers were not really possible. Hopefully I can add some here and there and perk things up a bit!!
Joyful blessings to you sweet friend!! Have a terrific Thursday!!
Hugs and joy,
Becky
I adore that tree photograph! I can almost smell the lavender. Spring has arrived!
Joyce
I think the lavender is my favorite. All of the plants are beautiful, you know the weeds or kinda pretty (so green). I hope you get that car back on the road soon.
Have a blessed evening.
That tree is beautiful and your freesia flowers look lovely.
I hope your car gets fixed soon and doesn't cost too much. How sweet that the nice man helped you while you were stranded.
I'm out of breath...whew...there was a lot in that blog post...as far emotions go!
Ok fingers crossed for car repair :) now...breathe in...breathe out!
And KUDOS for all your hard work..your yard will be lovely I'm sure of that~!
Love the lavendar, Linnea! I'm so sorry about your car issues! those are just the worst. My sister's car actually broke down yesterday too and $1,000 later....ugh. I'm glad you got help though.
Beautiful, colorful flowers. But I have to say, the tree is my fave. I love how the branches are intricately designed with the "flowing"/hanging leaves.
I love that beautiful oak tree, Linnea! I am sorry about your car troubles. Wouldn't it be nice to have a little while when there wasn't something to worry about for a change?
What a tree! The lavender is very full of blooms, the most I think I have ever seen. Sorry you had car issues, I know that feeling very well. Mine is on the fritz again, too. Glad your guardian angel was with you!
Hi Linnea, Sorry to hear about your car troubles, those darn cars can be such a pain and expensive when they decide to break! I love your freesia bulbs, just gorgeous! Hope you have a great weekend! Suzie
Hi Linnea,
I love that oak tree in the field surrounded by mustard. So pretty. The huge wisteria vine I posted about is near the town of Lodi. It took me only 20 minutes to get there because I live in Stockton. It's just east of the corner of Sargeant Road and Ray Road. You can even see it on Google's maps. Regarding the hearing issue: we ALL need to slow down, move our lips, enunciate our words and speak more carefully. Sometimes I can hardly understand folks too.
Hugs, Laura
Hi Linnea~
I so appreciate your loving comments over at my place. You always make me feel warm and fuzzy. :)
THANK YOU too for sharing what your weeds look like! We can all share our perfection but you gave me grace with that posting. Mine look just like that! I have to get to them as soon as I can coerce my husband into helping me. He hate yardwork! And the backyard has plants and not grass and the weeds this year just took over.
And the coup de grace? YOu even showed your petunia pots. You are so REAL!! Love that.
Have a great weekend. :)
Hi and Happy Pink Saturday! I sure enjoyed all the pics of the gardens and that tree, what a pic!
Oh my goodness Linnea! Seems we are having the same kind of week. My car stalled too but then it started right back up. Our mechanic said that the computers in the car stopped talking to each other. Huh? Anyway. @00.00 later, hopefully it is better.
I've been pulling weeds and getting ready for spring too. I wish I could get lavender to grow in my yard. It never does well here but at my old house, I had huge lavender plants.
Thanks for catching up with me this weekend!
Post a Comment