Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday #1

This is my first time to participate in Outdoor Wednesday!
To see more outdoorsy posts go over to see Susan over at A Southern Daydreamer.
People have really enjoyed pictures of the scenery in my area. We have some new pictures and I thought I would share those for today.
There are a lot of these pink flowering trees around. Well, kind of. I think many are now losing the flowers and starting to leave out. There are many white flowering ones too.

I got this picture on my way home from work one day last week.
I was just enthralled with all the contrasts and had to stop and get a picture. Those are cows in the field there. I get this kind of beauty every day I go to and from work.
I feel so lucky that I do not have to do any freeway driving to get to my job.

Here is another one taken on the same day. No sun shining here though. That white spot on the hill (the top white spot) is a truck driving along the hillside there. The lower white spot just above the building is actually a fake painted cow. I don't know if you can see it when you enlarge the picture. I was wishing I had better zoom capabilities so I can get a better shot of that cow.

I am still parked in the same place here, but moved the camera to the right to get this one. I just love all that yellow. Those are the mustard flowers.

Saturday was a beautiful day. Hubby suggested we take a drive to get this shot. This field is the most brilliant yellow field around. I got out of the car to get this shot since there was not enough room to pull over. Hubby pulled into a driveway then I had to walk back to get this. I never realized how strong the scent is when you are near the flowers. It is actually a nice fragrance. I can see why this time of the year can be bad for those allergic to these flowers. My aunt is one of them.

Here is a close up of the flowers. I just love that yellow.

Spotted this blooming tulip tree on our little jaunt. I had to ask hubby to pull over so I can get a picture of this too.
We also spent some time on our beautiful Saturday out in our yard pulling weeds.
Still have plenty more of that to do.
Perhaps this Saturday we will get out there and do more weed pulling.
The rains have them growing like crazy now.
~Linnea~

38 comments:

Marie said...

Luv those trees with pink flowers too! They all seem to bloom at spring time. Thx for sharing!
-marie

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Linnea! Love all your pictures...flowering tulip tree one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

Missy Wertz said...

Beautiful landscapes, flowers and trees! Lovely!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Really beautiful photos. I especially love the yellow flowers.

♥ Kathy said...

What great pictures! Happy OW!

Marsha said...

Looks like spring has arrived there...just beautiful.

Libby's Library said...

I really do envy you. The stuff I get to look at when I'm near home, is pretty horrid compared to what you get to see.
There are some beautiful Azaleas blooming nearby. Maybe I can get a shot of those, the next time I'm out and about. Maybe the hubby will take me for a drive on Friday or Saturday!

nfmgirl said...

Lovely! Where do you live? Obviously you aren't encumbered by the winter weather many are dealing with. Either am I, down here in Florida!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Linnea! So glad you joined us today! These are truly lovely photos! That shot of the cows with the hills in the background is gorgeous.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday (or OW)!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Light and Voices said...

Welcome! Serene landscapes, blooming tulip tree what a nice tour. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Joyce

Heather said...

very pretty outdoor pictures! love the mustard flowers.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Just gorgeous Linnea! I hope you play this every Wednesday!!

Becky said...

I think I'm gonna sneeze looking at all the flowers. Just kidding, they are gorgeous! I'd have to say Spring has arrived in your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea! Oh, what lovely pictures and I especially love the tulip tree! Wish I had one. They do grow here! Hope all is well in your world.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Lindsay-ann said...

I really enjoyed your beautiful pictures. I would never tire of looking at those beautiful yellow fields. I love the pretty pink tulip tree against the brilliant blue sky.
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Chandy said...

Wow, what beautiful scenery! Great choice for today.

Have a great Wednesday!

bj said...

Oh, thanks so much for sharing these amazings photos with us...

Tealady said...

Hi Linnea,

I really enjoyed seeing your corner of the world through your eyes. Where I live the developers won't allow large undeveloped expanses of land. LOL They would fill your beautiful vistas with condos, more's the pity.

All the best, Lana @ Showers of Blessings

ellen b. said...

Good evening Linnea! I love all these outdoor shots of yours. Just beautiful!

Rue said...

Hi Linnea :)

It's gorgeous there!! The fields are incredible and you took beautiful pictures :)

rue

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Linnea; Wow what lovely photos you took. My goodness you sure do have some beautiful scenery. I am so jealous, you get to do some yard work, some day I will too. sigh.... I hope. I am tired of cold deary days,,, I need some sunshine....

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

If that is the view you pass by everyday then how fortunate and blessed you are.

It'll surely melt all the stress you may get from work :-)

Libby's Library said...

I left something for you over at my place today. Come on over and get it!!!

Michelle said...

Awesome! It totally makes me wish I was there! Love your pictures.

Blondie's Journal said...

Linnea,

I so enjoyed seeing the photos of your beautiful landscapes. It looks like you never tire of it!

Happy 1st Outdoor Wednesday!!

xoxo
Jane

Jan's Blog said...

Hello my dear blog friend. You always leave me such sweet comments. I sure did enjoy the drive through the country with you. You surely do live in a beautiful place. And I can tell you have a beautiful spirit. Isn't blogging great!!

Love ya, Jan

Always a Southern Girl said...

What awesome beautiful pictures of God's wonderful handy work. I'm glad I stopped by. I'll come by often. Thanks again for sharing that with us. Renee

Stephanie said...

Love all the pics! The second was is so great!! I just love the lighting!!

Stacey said...

Hi Linnea,

I love to see the beautiful photos from around where you live. So lovely! The flowers and flowering trees are really pretty.

I also really love your photos at the top of your blog title, the banners and all. The one with the shoes is great! I've not seen one like that before. We are keeping Lent in our home, and I always enjoy seeing what others are doing.

Cheers for now!

Anonymous said...

I love all your photos - just beautiful. It's been lovely catching up on your posts. Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, I will be returning for another massage, and we'll see where we go from there; but, oh, the relief! It's been wonderful! I hope you're having a lovely weekend. Naomi

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea! Hope your Sunday is good! Thanks for popping in to see me. I love your header!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

It really is pretty - and I can't wait until the spring brings us many beautiful blooms as well! Have a great week :-)

Becky said...

Hope you see this ...a lady in Lakeland won the HGTV 2009 Dream House!! Libby called to see if it was me...no it wasn't gosh darnit..we could have been neighbors!!!

Bonnie said...

We are so blessed to live here, aren't we? I got some great shots on Saturday and I love the beauty around us this time of year.

Susie Q said...

These photos are truly gorgeous! i could just melt into such a landscape...

Love,Sue

Robynn's Ravings said...

Wow Linnea!! Those are GORGEOUS. I especially LOVE that one with the shadows and the mountains. So glad you have a pretty drive. :)

Michelle said...

How gorgeous it is where you live. I would give anything to be there right now. It's downright ugly and rainy here!

Tea said...

Hi Neabear,

This is Tea. It's pronounced just like tea you would drink. I love your blog. I can't wait to look at your crafty blogs too. This blog is just soooo pretty. Thanks for stopping by my site.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson