Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blue Monday #25

Time for another Blue Monday already! I can't believe how quickly they come each week.
Thank you to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting every week.
Go over there to see who else is doing Blue Monday.
This is on the way to church on Sunday. Saturday we had heavy rain. Then as always the next day after a rain is always so pretty. Crisp and clear and sparkling.
This view is looking south on our route to church. The San Francisco Bay is in that direction.
The yellow mustard flowers are fading now.
The green hillsides are so pretty right now.
This is taken as we leave one county and go into the next one.
That moutain with a point is Mt. George.
I am sure my kids will recognize these pictures.
Here are continuing on out route to church under the beautiful BLUE skies.
Another on our way to church. There is a BLUE looking pond there.
I am sure these ponds here and there are used for irrigation.
I see them a lot on vineyard properties.
The locals call going over this hill as "Going over the notch".
We are coming into town here. Our church is somewhere among those trees in the distance.
Today at church we had an event called
"Every Day is Earth Day"
It was supposed to be held at a park, but with the uncertain weather
it was held at church instead.

One of the activities was making felted Earth balls.
This is real wool from sheep that has been dyed two different shades of BLUE
and one shade of green.
Here are the hands making earth balls.
Notice all the blue clothing.
and blue in the towels to soak up the wet mess
in case of splashing.

More hands at work.
We had to get the balls wet, squeeze and then roll them in our hands.
We repeat and repeat until the wad of wool we started with shrinks
into a ball.
More people in BLUE clothing working on the balls.

This is my ball. When it is thoroughly dry they should even bounce.
I have not checked yet whether my ball will bounce.
Someone who can read palms can probably tell me what mine says
just from this picture.
This is going back over the "notch" in the other direction as we head to
my parents house.
Still beautiful with no sign of more rain coming.
There was a chance of more rain.
Another view as we are headed to my parents.
I sometimes can't get over how pretty it is in our area.
It is just pure delight to drive this gorgeous area as
we go from home to church, to my parents and back to home again.
I would have to say that we are SPOILED!
Happy Blue Monday!!
~Linnea~

24 comments:

SmilingSally said...

What a nice drive to church. I love the beautiful blue skies. That's an interesting project to make an earth ball. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday. (I like your new header.)

Unknown said...

How inspirtional to have such a beautiful drive to church!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Loved the drive - thanks for the beautiful tour :-)

You Earth ball is absolutely wonderful! I've never seen anything like that and it's really cute!

Have a wonderful "blue" Monday and a colorful rest of the week.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Linnea, I never knew how they made those earth balls. That was neat! All of your pictures are lovely. Happy Blue Monday!

bj said...

Lovely drive.
Happy Blue Monday.

BECKY said...

I would say that you are spoiled, too, and there is NOTHING wrong with that!! ;o) I feel so spoiled living here in central Florida, too! There truly is nowhere else I'd rather be!!

Hope all is well with you 'Nea!!
Have a blessed day and week!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

You sure do live in a beautiful area! It's so funny seeing you driving on the 'wrong' side of the road!!!;)Thanks for your warm words of encouragement, too. Have a wonderful week! Blessings! Naomi

annies home said...

so pretty and what a great idea for little hands

Libby's Library said...

Spoiled is right...but I'm so glad that you have it, so that you can share it with us!!!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Linnea,
Great blue sky pictures you took! We look at them almost every day and sometime we don't notice one of God's beautiful creations for us!
I have never seen an earth balls before!
Happy Blue Monday...
Love, Ann

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a beautiful drive. It looks so lush and yes, that sky is as blue as can be.

Heather said...

what a nice drive you have! the earth balls sound like fun!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Linnea
Thanks for the virtual journey over the notch! It's such a beautiful drive you have to church. Those earth balls are amazing and they actually bounce too? I have never seen anything like them before. I will have to show my husband your post. He is a school teacher and I am sure his kids would love to do those as part of a science or geography lesson.
Happy Blue Monday.
Lindsay

Lori said...

What a beautiful drive! I love the blue and green.. It is so pretty!
Thanks for sharing.

Lynda said...

Makes me want to break out in song...

Blue skies smiling at me...
Nothing but blue skies
do I see!

Beautiful!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful drive! Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

Dawn said...

That is a beautiful landscape that you were able to enjoy! I love the earth balls. How clever. What a nice idea felting them like that. I might share that idea with my knitting friends this week.

take care,
Dawn

Archer said...

I love all the pictures Nommy. And I totally recognize the views. I very much miss them. You are definitely spoiled! Although We've got some pretty nice area here in the Quad Cities too. Now I just have to get pictures of them now that I found my camera again!

Kathy b said...

You live in such a beautiful area.
The sky was pretty in Sacramento on Sunday too.

Kathy b

Chandy said...

What a beautiful day to enjoy on the way to church! We enjoyed a similar day last Sunday, but now, it's windy and dark. A storm's a loomin'...

Chandy said...

Great drive under a beautiful blue sky!

Becky said...

I want to know if the ball really bounces. Love the beautiful drive. How is Helmi doing? You haven't mentioned her lately. Oh, I know she is hibernating a little bit late!!! Better wake her up!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Beautiful drive...Happy BLUE Monday...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Felted earth balls? That's a new one on me, Linnea! I have never seen these before, but it was neat getting to see you all make them!

I've been MIA and will be for a few more days. Trying to catch up on some rest...

XO,

Sheila :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson