It is Blue Monday again. Thank you to Sally over at Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Monday for us every week. Be sure you go over there and see who else is posting for Blue Monday.
I stayed home on Sunday after working a long day both on Friday and Saturday.This gave me a chance to get some of my Easter stuff out finally.
This lamb in an egg has some pretty blue on it.
This was a gift I think, but can't remember who gave it to me.
Here is a stand up bunny that is mostly blue.It was a gift from a secret pal a few years ago.
I think I am hosting on Easter Sunday.So to get ready I started playing with my table stuff and deciding what I may do for the table settings. This set of dishes we got as wedding gifts.
It is called Good Times by Noritake.
But before pulling out the dishes I was trying out the tablecloth.
This one was crochet by someone in hubby's family.
One of his grandmother's, but I am not sure which one.
It has stains on it. I may try the cleaning technique suggested by
Cindy at My Romantic Home.
I decided I needed color. I was measuring the table to see what size cloth I would need when I decide to try this one. It is an oval shaped tablecloth, but it worked just fine
under the crocheted tablecloth.
Here is a place setting minus the bowl. I don't have any chargers, but wouldn't yellow ones work nice to pick up the yellow in the design and add contrast to the table setting?Maybe I can make round yellow placemats to look like chargers.
Hmmm....
And now the place setting with the bowl.I am still playing around with this idea.
Happy Blue Monday!!
Update on car issues: There is more damage than expected because the timing belt broke.
Because of that more parts are damaged. Ugh!!
It is expected to cost between $1500-$2000.
Yikes!
No wonder I am all tense in the neck and shoulders.
The tension is creating pain and making me feel yucky.
We turn in the rental car tomorrow(Monday) and hubby is taking some vacation time off.
He will take me to and from work for the next three days.
If the car is still not ready, my parents have a car I can use after that.
Good thing I have been working extra hours.
Doesn't look like I can buy any chargers or fabric to make look alike
chargers anytime soon. Oh well......
~Linnea~
23 comments:
pretty blue dishes! Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan
Hi Linnea, I love all your blues and I really like that crocheted tablecloth. It looks great with the blue underneath!
Sorry to hear that you have car problems. To bad your husband or someone in your family can't fix it and you don't have to pay labor only parts. I am lucky my husband is a car guy...
~Ann
Happy Blue Monday Linnea! I love your blue china.. so sweet.. and with the crocheted tablecloth.. it look so pretty. Hope you have a good week! take care
XO
Oh, too much stress. I hope things turn around soon.
I don't know why you would NEED a charger or a placemat with the beautiful lace over top of the blue tablecloth. I think that looks really Eastery with those dishes. Happy Blue Monday.
Such sweet items for your Blue Monday post! Do you have any Christmas Tree Shops near you? They have yellow quilted placemats and round placemats that look like they are made of some kind of grassy fiber, both priced at $1.
I'm so sorry to hear about your car situation. I hope you get everything worked out soon.
I love all of your blues. Everything is so pretty. Happy Blue Monday!
I love your tablecloths...with the pretty dishes, it all is going to look GREAT. You can do chargers or placemats another time. This is going to be a lovely table...
So sorry about the car. If you are like us, when it rains, it pours around our cottage. Knock on wood..things are going good here. I'll keep fingers crossed that it won't cost as much as they stated...it happens sometimes!
xo bj
Linnea, very pretty Easter things, and I think you know I'm in love with that lamb! Oh, how I love them!
Just wanted to let you know that the bird I got from The Wildflowers is for sale at their Etsy shop. They can custom make them for you. Very reasonable price, too. :-)
Happy Blue Monday...
XO,
Sheila :-)
i love the stand up mostly blue bunny! she is too adorable! car troubles are the worst! i hope your bill is under the estimate price when all is said and done!
Linnea! I love that beautiful crochet tablecloth with the blue peaking through! I'm so sorry to hear about your car woes. Yikes. I hope it is ready for you soon...
Wow! Easter is blasting off with your help! Happy BM!
Your dishes are just beautiful and how wonderful that crocheted tablecloth is. Have you tried a yellow cloth underneath it..to set off the beautiful yellow in your
dishes? Happy Blue Monday..have a lovely week.
Hi, nice to meet you!
A crochet tablecloth by one of your grandmothers? That's a treasure!
And I'm so sorry about the car.
I love the lamb in the egg...too sweet! Thank you for sharing all of your blue treasures.
Hoping that car bill will come under estimate! Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie
Hi Linnea - such beautiful blue dishes. I'm really sorry about your car problem. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie
Cute bunny! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your Blue Monday.
Blessings,
Sandi
Oh Linnea, I am so sorry about the car troubles. No fun!!
The blue looks great under the crochet tablecloth. Makes a pretty spring setting!!
What pretty blues! I love the bunny :-)
I truly adore Easter decorations. It's just a wonderful time of year!
It was nice 'catching up' on your blog. Sorry about the car. Darn.
I just checked Christmas Tree Shops online http://www.christmastreeshops.com/ but I see they aren't in California. We just got one in Michigan and after having visited one in Rhode Island, I was very excited to get one near me.
Target may have round yellow placemats made of fiber rather than a woven fabric among their Easter/spring decor.
Good luck!
What wonderful Easter decorations!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Your Easter decorations are so pretty....they look great. The dishes will be perfect for hosting Easter.
Too bad you have those car troubles going on...darn it!!
I am excited to get Stella. I knew eventually she would come and visit, I just didn't know when.♥
Happy Blue Monday; I love your dishes, they are so cheery looking. Just right for a Easter Lunch. I also Love both of the table cloths. I can't wait to see it all put together.....
Hugs;
Alaura
Post a Comment