Today I have this soup tureen. I only use it for display. My mother bought it for me when I was on a goose theme. I still love this tureen because of its quaintness I guess.You can see the ladle handle peeking out at the top.
There is a slot in the lid just for the handle.
Here is a picture of the inside of the ladle. Isn't it cute?Now I have sad news.....
Just after I took this picture, the ladle fell over and the handle broke.
Waaaaa!!!!
It happned too quick. Darn I should have had Helmi helping me, then maybe the ladle would not have fallen over.
It is a very clean break. I should be able to glue it back together.
I just need to figure out what kind of glue would be the best kind to use for that kind of repair.
Here a closer look at the inside of the ladle.I will still love it, even though the handle broke.
And now I will try to have a Happy Blue Monday.
~Linnea~

33 comments:
THat is ADORABLE dishware!
I'm so sorry to hear your blue ladle broke. Happy Blue Monday anyway.
GM Linnea--how have you been? What a nice gift from your mom! I love that the ladle has geese on it to match the tureen. I'm so sorry that it got broken while you were taking pictures for your post. Maybe it could be mended? Have a Happy Blue Monday!
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry your ladle broke. My hubby uses 'Crazy Glue' for just about everything but I'm sure all of our lovely Blue Monday ladies will give you some good suggestions on what to use. Your tureen is so pretty. I love the little geeze on it. The blues are beautiful! Your blog is very pretty decked out in blues too :>) Happy Blue Monday!
I love this, Neabear....
thanks for sharing it with us on this beautiful BLUE MONDAY...
xo bj
Oh, now you're BLUE. I do hope that you can glue that handle back. Gorilla glue works well on ceramics IF you can clamp it for 24 hours. It's a lovely tureen. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.
Hi Linnea!
What a pretty soup tureen and ladle...sorry it broke! Hope you can fix it with a little dab of glue.
Happy Blue Monday!
Oh no! Why does that kind of stuff always have to happen! It is cute anyway and I am sure it has special memories!
Love the new back ground!
Sorry - but I tagged you.
Play if you want, but no hurt feelings if you've had it with being tagged.
very cute! love the new blog look!
Linnea, it's adorable, and I'm so sorry the ladle broke! Waaaaaaa! I don't know what type of glue to tell you to use to fix it. I'm not good with that sort of thing, but maybe there's something that's non toxic. If not, then just get it glued, and use another ladle when serving... just keep that one for display. I'm sorry, but I loved seeing it!
Happy Blue Monday...
XO,
Sheila :-)
What an adorable pot. Too cute.
Hi Linnea! That's a precious little tureen! I'm so sorry you broke your ladle! You know what? I've used good ole Elmer's glue to glue back some breaks. It works great!
Be a sweetie and don't be too blue.
Shelia ;)
That is so pretty and I am so sorry the handle got broken while you were taking pictures. Sounds like you will be able to successfully glue it back together. Have a great Monday!
I think the tureen is adorable! I too went through a goose phase and I still have my goose cookie jar. I love the plaid touches on the tureen too. It reminds me of the wallpaper I had in the house before this.
Too bad about the ladle. I wish I could give you a suggestion on what kind of glue works best. This weekend as I was unpacking some stuff at the new place, I dropped the bottom of a stoneware butter dish on the floor and broke it into several pieces! Waaa! I think I will try to glue it too, but I will have to use it only for display now. So I feel for you.
Kady
What pretty geese! Happy Blue Monday :)
I have several "goose themed" pieces too which I wouldn't get rid of for anything! I love this one of yours. It's just adorable!
Elaine :)
Oh NO!!!! I hate when that happens! Try using E6000 glue...from Micheals or Hobby Lobby...it has saved a few treasures around here! Love your Soup Tureen!
That's a pretty tureen and I'm so sorry the ladle broke! ugh! I'm sure you'll get it all fixed in no time and it will not even defer from it's beauty.
Enjoy your day!
Hi Neabear
I LOVE your goose tureen. Sorry it got broken but glad to hear you were able to mend it.
Happy Blue Monday.
Lindsay
What a pretty tureen and I hate it got broken - I'm sure some super glue should fix it though?
I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, feels like I've been MIA for a month, not a week. Mom is doing better and so, finally am I.
You know that must happen to a lot of us while we take our photos! Makes your post have an interesting saga. You'll have to show it on another monday so we know if the ladle gets fixed.
Kathy b
Hi 'Nea!! Happee Monday!!
How's my friend? Love this little tureen!! I'm sure you will have that ladle repaired straight away!!
I know it's hard when stuff like that happens. Mehhh. I sympathize completely.
Hope the rest of your day goes much better!
Know that you're a blessing to me!
HUGS
Becky
OH NO...that is so sad the ladle broke! And it sacrificed itself for us! It really is a pretty piece.
Linnea, Your soup tureen is beautiful. I am so sorry the ladle broke. I am not good at gluing things back together but Hubby used Gorilla glue and it worked well. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie
That is just too cute! Happy Blue Monday!
Happy Blue Monday Linnea?
I was reading along admiring your lovely piece and now I'm so sorry that the ladle broke. hmph! Well if the break is clean you should be able to fix it up. I would take it someplace like Michaels and see what they suggest...
I hope the rest of your day was really really good!
Judi
If you use Gorilla Glue, be careful. It expands with the water your supposed to use. Just use a tiny dab of the glue or it will be everywhere.
So, do they call it Blue Monday because of all the Blue Moods? I always think if I can just get through Monday - I'm going in the right direction :-)
Hi Linnea
Cute blue set! Perfect for Blue Monday...
~Ann
OMG I am so sorry your ladle broke girl..Now I use Gorilla glue if I want a strong hold on glass...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
I am running late. I hope you had a
Happy Blue Monday!
Susan
Love the background. Sorry about your ladle. What was Helmi doing when this happened??
Post a Comment