If you remember, I had to use my hand mixer which was a wedding gift for us 29 1/2 years ago.
Then I needed the BLUE bowl to make the frosting.So why am I bringing this up again?
Other than to show the bowls which are probably Vintage.
Considering they were my Godmother's before they became mine.
Well, one recent Sunday, the 8th to be exact,
we were coffee hosts again for fellowship time.
I decided to make this cake again.
Using my bowls and hand mixer.Well..................
......................
I happen to mention to another member how I was still using a hand mixer
and have never had a stand mixer.
But the arthritis creeping into my hands was starting to make it difficult and
painful to use the hand mixer and manage the bowl and a spatula all at the same time.
OUCH!
Here is the yummy cake again.
Just to make you drool........hehehehehe
Anyway, this couple mentioned they had an extra stand mixer.Really!!
They found a Kitchenaid at a garage sale for $35 and they would give us their old one.
If we wanted it that is.
Sure we will take it. (Actually I would have liked the Kitchenaid, but can't be too picky when getting a stand mixer for free).
Ok, they told us. They will check to make sure it still works and bring it to church
the following week.
That afternoon we were at my parents and they called us there.
(We happen to mention we were going over there.)
They told my mom they fired up the stand mixer and it works just fine.
They would bring it the following week.
Oh wow!!!
And here it is.
It is a Sunbeam Electronic Mixmaster!It came with two bowls and dough hooks as well as the regular beaters.
It can be used as a hand mixer if need be.
It even has a light that turns on when it is plugged in!!


26 comments:
WOW..i love your bowls and the Sunbeam mixmaster is gorgeous :)
You have got to quit torturing me with the temptation of that blue bowl, Linnea! LOL! It's like you put it out there as a very shiny object and dangle it in front of my nose like a carrot! ;-) Sending Annie right over!
Speaking of which, you need to sign up for my giveaway. You never know what shiny object it might be! ;-)
XO,
Sheila
Hi 'Nea!! I love your purple background!! I wonder what it says about us that we both chose polka dots??? Hmmm...
Your vintage thingies are great, and so is THE FREE MIXER!! Can't beat that, huh??!!
Blessings to you dear friend!! Have a happee Thursday!!
Hugs,
Becky
What a joy that must be! Now, I still have only the hand mixer, and I have never had anything else. So, if any of you ladies out there have one to share ...
My hand mixer could write a biography of itself too. I want one of the fancy pantsy new Kitchenaide ones (in red) also. I'm nothing if not picky. But do I cook or bake enough for it? Not really. That cake looks good though.
wow - that sure takes me back, looking at that mixer!
I love the bowls...look like Fiesta ware to me (nothing on the bottom?).
I love the stand mixer...great styling in a working tool! Lucky you!
Mmmm, the cake looks delicious.
I love that mixer! It is great. It even has a light? Awesome!
Still loving those bowls, Linnea. And a piece of that cake too!
Wow - that mixer looks like it's really sturdy. It might hold up better than the Kitchenaid!
Love the bowls. I'd be afraid to use them, cause I know that I would drop them. I drop things a lot, so, I've switched to using plastic and stainless steel...but those bowls would look great on my counters.
I'm still loving your bowls Linnea and have to say that stand mixer is quite the jewel.
Enjoy your day!
What a surprise that you got such a nice mixer! And it's even got a "headlight" attached! Hang on to those bowls, they're beautiful!
Looks like a nice one, very pretty.
Thanks for stopping by, and yes willows are my favorite tree. I think they are very friendly.
Have a very blessed day.
Judanna
What a cool mixer and probably much better than what is made today!
First, your cake looks wonderful. I would like a piece if I may. :).
Your bowls are wonderful..and that mixmaster..wow!!. Now you can make us all desserts..Happy VTT.. hope you have a lovely weekend.
What an awesome mixer. I think I'd prefer it to the Kitchenaid, if it worked just as well!
I love those bowls. I would say your "new" Mixmaster is definitely vintage. How cool to have a light! Wish mine had one.
Looks like you might have some beautiful Fiestaware on your hands Linnea!
Your bowls are beautiful, I love all the bright colors. What a wonderful friend you have to give you that great mixer. I loved the fact it had a light...interesting.
Cake look so good..lol lol what a great deal on the mixer.
LisaLisa
It is amazing that you still have the mixer you got for your wedding so long ago. It's amazing that it is still working! The new/old one looks really nice. It's pretty enough to leave out on the counter...and I bet it makes baking a whole lot easier...vintage is good! As long as the cake isn't vintage too!
you got lovely colourful bowls and I envy you! hehehehehe.. and am so amazed that you still have your wedding gift mixer! double wow when it is still in working condition! and so glad that you finally got a stand mixer so you could bake more delicious cake for your love ones! take care & have a good weekend!
xo fitty
Mmmmm, that looks positively YUMMY!! Just made me hungry looking at them!!
I loved the pics of your daughter dancing. Aren't daughters just the BEST???
I just love those colorful bowls. And that dessert looks so yummy!
I love all things vintage. I have an old mixer too and wouldn't take anything for it. The bowls are so colorful!
I've never seen a mixer with a light! Cool! And I SO LOVE those bowls...now the cake..well let's say you satisfied my "virtual sweet tooth" Thanks :-)
Post a Comment