
I don't always post for Blue Monday lately, but today I will.
Go and visit her if you want to see more BLUE.

We have a Dollar Tree in our town.
We went there on Sunday.
Among other things we decided to pick up this root beer.
Decided it would taste good as a root beer float.
I know it is not BLUE, but look, the keypad on my microwave
has BLUE numbers.
Oh, and the words too.
~~
Sunday after church went grocery shopping and
included this yummy vanilla ice cream.
We don't normally have ice cream on hand.
See those mugs,
hubby gave those to me before we were married.
So I guess they could be a vintage item by now,
since we have been married almost 30 years now.
~~
The sign language symbol for "I love you"
and the shortened version of my name,
"Nea" is etched on there.
He gave me four of them.

They make great rootbeer mugs.
Are you drooling yet?

I took this close up to not only make you drool,
but to hopefully allow you to see the etching better.
But I see now that you can see it better in the first picture,
before I filled the mugs.
~~
So we had a nice Sunday afternoon with our rootbeer floats
and watching the movie
"Hotel for Dogs".
It was funny, my brother told us we should watch it,
so we did.
~~~~~~~
Now I suppose you are wondering where is the
BLUE here.
Besides that little bit of
BLUE on my microwave.
Coming up here.

A couple of patriotic dishtowels.
Found them at the Dollar Tree also.
For a dollar each of course.
Happy Blue Monday everyone!
~Linnea~
27 comments:
I love root beer floats... in VA when I was little my grandpa made.. "brown cows"... or Dr. Pepper floats. They are quite good as well.
Those black and blue cows sure look good to me :-). I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend. Love the patriotic towels. Very fitting for the day after Flag Day. Blessings...Mary
YES - I'm drooling!
Those mugs are great - the etching is soooooooooo romantic. Almost better than getting diamonds!
Hi
oh my gosh I need to get myself on over to The Dollar Tree .
I really like those dish towels,and hey its summer so I guess I could give in and let my family have root beer floats :)
Have a wonderful week.
Happy Blue Monday to you .
Great post .
I was at Dollar Tree today, and ours did not have these cute little towels..:(
Cute post.....makes me want something cold now to drink!
Happy Blue Monday.
You bet I'm drooling! Your husband is a romantic and knows that the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach! LOL Happy Blue Monday.
I am seriously drooling...thanks a lot! LOL Now I HAVE to go buy vanilla icecream and root bear tonight! :-) What a sweet DH you have...wonderful keepsakes...those mugs! :-)
Your rootbeer floats look yummy*!!!
Nice and refreshing on a VERY hot day in the south*! Love your post*
_Ashley
Hi..RootBeer Floats are some of our favorite desserts in the hot summertime. These look yummy...
I haven't had a rootbeer float in many many years! Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan
Happy Blue Monday........
Those root beer Floats made me desire one! I also love your great deal at Dollar General...great towels!
Hi
Well I tried to leave a comment earlier and our computer shut down .So I will try again .
This might result in two comments :)
Happy Blue Monday to you both.
Great blog post .
Love the photos.
Thank you for sharing .
Have a very happy filled week.
Happy Trails
The Rootbeer floats look yummy and I like your new towels!!
Now ya know tomorrow I will have to have a root beer float!They look really refreshing. Was the movie good as I have been wabting to see it. I could call my place a Hotel for Dogs right about now! I posted the Goowill story for you! I know we would have a great time being together, if it were only possible!
Why yes I am drooling. I haven't had a rootbeer float in years, it looks yummy!
I've been wanting to see Hotel for Dogs, glad to hear it was good.
Nice post
I'm a little bit late for my blue monday's round, hope you had a great blues all around.
Lots of luv
Ita
Oh Linnea.. I AM drooling at the mugs! I want whats inside of the mugs.. those ice creams! yumm!.. hehehehe
happy MOnday, dear friend
xo
fitty
OH rootbeer floats are the best!! YUMMO! Now I need to add the ingredients to my shopping list!!
Angela's progression is stalled. Your great niece just might get here before Liliana!!
hugs, Linda
Thanks for your comment at BCH. I have never been a lover of root beer, but these photos make me want to try it again!!! They do look yummy! Rhonda
very cute post! my grandfather (poppop as i call him still), used to make him and i rootbeer floats when i was a kid. he loved them and always liked to share them with me so i love them too! he used to call them brown cows, lol.
First of all, I love the flags at the top. It just brought a rush of emotion when I saw them. And secondly, we are a family of rootbeer float lovers, and Darien just adores them too. Yes, you made me drool, but I'm not letting Darien see this until I can get to the store and get some rootbeer!!!
Mmmmm, those look so yummy. Root Beer floats take me back to childhood. That was always such a special treat!
Hi Linnea, I just love your new header! Boy those rootbeer floats look delicious. Your givin me yummy ideas girl ♥ Your towels are so pretty. We don't have anything like that in our area yet. I keep checking though. I hope you have a beautiful day :>)
It was nice of you to provide towels to catch the drool :-)
Cute post,
Candy
Thanks for visiting Blue Creek Home. You know, I have never been wild about root beer floats...but your photograph is making me want to give it another try!!! Rhonda
oops i think i posted twice!
Hi Linnea,
Haven't talked to you in awhile.
Good post, and I am drooling, I haven't had a rootbeer float in years. My grandmother used to make them all the time when I was a kid. We have rootbeer, I just need to add some icecream, well, frozen yogurt for us, but it would still be yummy, I think that might be a great Father's Day
dessert for this sunday, Gee, thanks I was wondering what to make.
Hope you are doing well hon,
I'll let you know how our rootbeer
floats turn out!! Yum, I can hardly wait till Sunday. It's 1:20 a.m., I am thinking about having one right now, well, better not.
You lil tempter you!!
Blessings, Nellie
Post a Comment