Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Friday, June 26, 2009

Pink Saturday Travels!

It is that time again.
PINK Saturday!
A day to show of lots of PINKINESS things!
My posts this week have been about our trip last weekend.
We were only gone from Friday to Monday,
but I still managed to take lots of pictures.
All of these were taken at hubby's brother and sister-in-law's place.
Outside.
A garden presents lots of PINK!
Here is a precious statue next to a PINK rose bush.

All the gorgeous flowers gave me plenty of opportunities
to practice my photography.
Close-up and from afar.

I love getting shots of buds before they are ready to open.

Oooo....so delicate!

Sigh......

Multiple shades of PINK.

This looks so soft.

Lovely pinks.
Oh....see the ant in the middle?

Oh look! A PINK birdhouse in the garden.
I just love their yard.
So nice to sit out there and gaze at all the loveliness.
Some PINK in the hydrangea!

Double PINKS for double the pleasure!
Do I hear you gasping?
Gasp away! LOL!
PINK in the gazebo!

Above us is this.
A candle chandy!
With PINK flowers in it, no less!
See where the candles can sit?
A fun place to have a tea party!

Hubby and I relaxing in the gazebo.
I even have PINK on, and no, I did not plan that.

Look what I cup I am using for my coffee!
Pinkiness there too!

See in the inside?
I just loved using this cup while we were there.

More of the lovely visions of PINK!
Thank you to Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for hosting
this lovely PINK Saturday for us.
I will try to get around to the others posting for Pink Saturday.
I have to work and then I am trying to finish a sewing project.
Here is Helmi!
She is helping me with my project.
Come visit my craft blog if you get a chance and see what I have
been up to lately in the craft world!
Happy Pink Saturday everyone.
Have a great day!
~Linnea~

28 comments:

Barbara said...

Linnea, What a great job you did with the camera and such beautiful pink things in her yard.

Hope you had a nice visit.

Happy Pink Saturday.
Barbara

Libby's Library said...

I've never been a pink person...but after this post I've fallen in love!

The birdhouse, and the candle chany - adorable!!!

Hello Helmi - good to see you!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hi Helmi! You look fabulous, Dahhhling!

The pink is lovely and those flowers..amazing! I can almost smell them here where I sit :-)

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Hi Linnea.. what a lovely garden.. i love all your flower photos.. beautiful flowers.. thanks for sharing.. and Happy PS.. wishing you a lovely weekend.. take care
xo
fitty

Mary Bergfeld said...

I loved the pinks you've chosen to share with us. The photos of the roses were especially beautiful. Have a wonderful day.

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Lovely photos!



~ Gabriela ~

stefanie said...

happy pink saturday, beautiful pink post

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Linnea,
What a lovely post! Love the roses! Happy Pink Saturday and Have a wonderful weekend!

♥Mimi♥ said...

What a sweet Pink Saturday blog post! There's just something about the color pink that brings out the best of everything☺

A dore your place! The gazebo is fabulous!

♥Have a wonderful weekend. Finally warm and sunny here, hope your neck of the woods is just as pink-a-licious as mine♥

Becky said...

Hey there Helmi! Your mom did a great job with the pink, loved the candle chandy. I like pink more and more, it is so girly and frilly!! Thanks Linnea!!

Susan Hickam said...

Linnea- Yes, you defintely heard me gasping! Really enjoyed your flowers and all the other pink too! Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for coming by earlier and take care. Wish you didn't live so far away. I noticed you like Jan Karon(profile) and I just read the last Mitford book and the first Father Tim book. Love her. Sweetpea Sue

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

What beautiful pictures you take. My goodness the flowers were stunning.
Happy Pink Saturday!..xo Tami

Claudia said...

Beautiful photos. Happy Pink Saturday!

Deanna said...

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday

The flowers are just lovely and your photography captured all the shades that each one offered.

Deanna :D

SmilingSally said...

You are a pink lady through and through! The flowers are so beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Oooh, a candle chandy! I love it!

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday! So many beautiful pink flowers! How delightful! Fabulous gazebo. The candle chandy is so lovely and charming! The little bear is so adorable! Love the birdhouse and the darling little birdfeeder!

Thanks for sharing your lovely pinks!

Enjoy your weekend!

Tina

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Linnea
I love all your pink flower blooms! Pretty pictures!
Happy Pink Saturday.
~Ann

Susie Jefferson said...

I love the candle chandelier, and I never tire of seeing closeups of such gorgeous flowers. Happy Pink Saturday!

Darlene said...

Hi Linnea,

It looks like your brothers hubby and your sil have a beautiful garden area. Love that gazebo and it is decorated so delightfully. I bet you enjoyed your visit.

Congratulations on your cloche win!!! I need you to send me your mailing address. My e-mail address is under my profile. I'll get it packaged up (really well) and get it sent this next week.

CC said...

Such wonderful pictures...I loved them all, and the chandelier is just beautiful. What a lovely garden area... Happy belated Pink Saturday..have a great week.

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I love all your beautiful pink flowers...and the cute bird house and chandelier...fabulous...
Hugs,
Mo ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea We also stayed in the same hotel as Ellen b, we were in room 222. It was a hot weekend but fun!

Kathy b

bj said...

What a beautiful pink post.
Thanks for sharing all this eye candy with us...
xo bj

Dixie said...

Linnea... your pinks are breathtaking!

as for hummingbirds... I like to say that i have fun "trying" to take photos of them...

thanks for stopping by French Lique... have a beautiful week!

Anonymous said...

What a cool garden they have!!! Just beautiful!

Thanks for your comment on the pictures ... I really don't know what size I'm doing so maybe that is the problem ... I will have to check. Thanks for the tip!

Have a great day!

MJ
YellowBeachDog

Amongst The Oaks said...

Hi Linnea,
I love your pink rose photos. I have something for you on my blog. Please stop by.
~Laura

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pinks!! Those flowers are sooo beautiful. I just love summer ♥ Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog :>)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson