Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Our Granddaughter

Today our Granddaughter Shaylee turns 3 years old!
We sure wish we could be there to help her celebrate.
We have only seen her once so far.
But we do get to enjoy the pictures!
Here they are with their new little one.
My son, daughter-in-law and
Baby Shaylee Linnea.
Yes she has my name for her middle name.
She was born on Father's Day in 2006.
My son labeled this picture "Bird Perch".
See her bottom lip sticking out there.

I love this one too.
When my mother and aunt saw this one,
they both said Shaylee looks just like me in this picture.

Me with Shaylee.
The one and only time we have seen her so far.
This was the day we first met Shaylee.
Shaylee was 8 months old.
We had traveled to Florida to be there for her baptism
and for her Mommy and Daddy's wedding.

Shaylee wondering who this old guy is here.
This is B-Daddy other wise known as Poppa Ed to Shaylee.
I am known as Grandma Nea.

Her first birthday. She was eventually very blue in the face
after eating this cake. LOL!

2 years old here.
This picture reminds me very much of my daughter at that age.
My daughter Sara is Shaylee's godmother.

Here she is in a recent picture.
Happy Birthday Shaylee!!
Now you are 3 years old!
Sure wish we could be there to help you celebrate.
We love you tons and ask your Mommy and Daddy to give
you big hugs from us.
~Grandma Nea and Poppa Ed~

~~
P.S. Today is also the anniversary of the day our son left home to move
to Florida 9 years ago. Can't believe you have been gone from
home that long Son! Miss you tons!!

21 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Linnea,
What a little beauty, she is so
adorable. Know it has to be hard
that you don't get to see her often. Loved all the pics of her growing up. Thanks for taking the time to post them. You and daddy bear should have some cake in her honor!!
Hope you are doing well and hope you can find those multigrain sandwich thins. You will love em!!
Blessings, Nellie

nfmgirl said...

hee hee

What a cuite! Happy Birthday Shaylee! And congratulations Grandma and Poppa for being so lucky!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Shaylee...What a beauty she is my friend...I know how hard it can be not seeing them..I now have 4 great grands and have only seen 1 so far...However I am going to Texas next month for my grandson wedding and I'll be able to get my hands on Baby Kyra then...Told my grandson I'll be bring my BIG purse and he best try not to pat me down when I leave ha ha!! May you have a great day...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

ellen b. said...

Oh how sweet your granddaughter is. It's nice you have all the photos since you get to see her so rarely. I hope you can see her soon!! Happy Birthday to her...

Heather said...

she's precious. i can only imagine how hard it is for you not to see her often. once in 3 years is a long time to go without huggles and kisses. i hope you can see her soon.

Darlene said...

She is absolutely adorable!!!! Happy 3rd Birthday Shaylee!!♥

Jess said...

Hi Linnea,

What a wonderful post! This is Jess checking in from FL. Your family is so precious. Our first grandchild turned 3 on May 20th and he also lives out-of-state. :(
We were able to visit him for his birthday, and I didn't take one moment for granted.
It sounds like we have a lot in common. I look forward to checking out your craft blog. This blogging thing is a tad bit overwhelming at the minute but it sure fills a creative void.
Blessings always!

Libby's Library said...

I can't imagine having to go that long between visits with my children and grandchildren...my heart goes out to you!

Shaylee is just adorable. Send her birthday wishes from me.

BECKY said...

Hi 'Nea!! Looks like being a grandma suits you gal!! So sorry your time with Shaylee is so limited. I've told my daughters they can't move. It will be really hard when one of them does.

Hope you have a blessed Friday!! Happy Birthday to your little cutie!! A beauty she is!!

Love and hugs,
Becky

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What a beautiful granddaughter! I know it must be hard not being able to see her. Hope your shoulder is better soon! Jackie

Blondie's Journal said...

Linnea,

Shaylee is just precious! Oh, those big blue eyes. Doesn't she just melt your heart?!! Happy Birthday Shaylee!!

Thanks so much for visiting Linnea. Your kind words meant so much to me. I'm glad that you read some earlier posts, I try to keep them up as long as I can before I come up with another idea. But I scroll back on a lot of blogs too. Thanks again!

Have a wonderful weekend!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Julie said...

She is beautiful!!

I just wanted to stop in quickly and say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your kind comments mean the world to me. My heart is so sore from grief and now things have taken a turn again for the worse..

KatCollects said...

Such sweet pictures, Happy Birthday to your beautiful Grand Baby!
Kathy

Tracey said...

Linnea. What adorable pictures of your grandaughter. My how time flies. I'm still waiting for some grandchildren. Hope you have a happy week-end. Tracey

Archer said...

That was a very cute post Nommy! It is hard being away from Nils, Shawna, and Shaylee. I hope that we can all get out there to visit them soon!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Shaylee is adorable! Happy Birthday to her!

I am so pleased you got to see your grand niece. There is nothing like a new baby!

Thanks for all your well wishes Linnea- they are so appreciated! hugs,Linda

Lindsay-ann said...

Oh Linnea, she is so gorgeous. You must love her lots and miss her too. I hope she had a wonderful birthday.
Best Wishes
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Linnea, It has to be hard being so far away. Your granddaughter is just lovely. I will say a prayer that she has the best birthday ever.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linnea, that is one precious little doll baby! Happy Belated Birthday to her! I've been MIA for reasons out of my control, but I hope that will change soon. Sending much love your way...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my goodness! She is absolutely adorable! A sweet angel.

SmilingSally said...

Beautiful baby born into a beautiful family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson