Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Granddaughter Having Fun!

I get so excited when my daughter-in-love does a new post. This time she has one of pumpkin fun with my granddaughter. Shaylee took great delight in cleaning out the pumpkin to get it ready for her daddy to carve.
Look at her adorable laugh! Here she is having fun doing the deed with her other grandma. Go see my daughter-in-love's post for more on their fun times.
Here is the finished pumpkin. Isn't that so cool?!? I wish I was there for the fun. For now I will just have to enjoy it through the pictures.

9 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

She's so cute! And boy oh boy does it look like she is having a blast!
I hope she has a fun Halloween. What will she be this year?
Great pumpkin!

nikkicrumpet said...

That is such a cute picture...capturing her sweet joy! And that pumpkin is MARVELOUS!

Dawn said...

That is a fun picture. I love spending time with my grandchildren. There is something so special about being a grandparent.

I love the finished product. That jack-o-lantern looks wonderful.

take care,
Dawn

Lynette said...

Hi Linnea - Just making the rounds tonight and haven't heard from you in a while - actually I'm sort of having a "pity party" all by myself! Missing my girl (badly) and thought I'd come over and whine to you for a minute. Seeing the pic of Shaylee made me smile and tear up all at the same time - she reminds me of my DD at that age! They grow up so fast!! OK - I'm done now.
Y'all have a good night and I hope she has a great halloween - be sure to post some pics for us!!
Lynette

Lisa said...

What a cutie pie!! and her Daddy did a great job on the pumpkin! Super Spooky!! Have a great night!!

Lynette said...

Y'all have a safe and fun visit with your daughter and thanks for the understanding ear - I appreciate it!!

Suzie Button said...

Your grandaughter is so CUTE! I love the finished pumpkin too! Suzie

Darlene said...

Awwwww she is so ADORABLE and the pumpkin is FABULOUS!!!!

Robyn said...

Oh, love this pumpking - we still have one not carved, maybe a little carving -lift is in order, ha, ha. Your granddaughter is a cutie!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson