During this season of Advent I like to remember the reason for the season. In our church Blue is the color of Advent. The memorial service we went to on Saturday was at a Catholic church and I realized that the color purple is still used in the Catholic church. We used to use purple, but somewhere along the way it was changed to blue. I have changed my header to reflect the second week of Advent.

In the next picture the two candles are lit for the second Sunday in Advent.

Happy Blue Monday! Thank you to
Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Monday for us. Click on the Blue Jay in my side bar to visit others who are posting Blue Monday. I have another Blue Monday post on my craft blog again.
9 comments:
Our church uses blue also and the second candle is lit...
Happy day to you!
Your blog is just beautiful. Have a great Blue Monday and a lovely week.
Hello, my sweet friend! I love your advent reminders! Thank you for this. I don't understand why the color would be purple (that's supposed to symbolize suffering). Hmmm... will have to think on that one. I like blue for this time of year, and blue is associated with Mary.
Happy Blue Monday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Thank you, for reminding us to watch. Happy Blue Monday!
Good morning Linnea. Thank you for the Advent posts. It's so wonderful to enjoy this time of year with anticipation. I'm going to be visiting a couple of churches here in San Francisco today, a catholic one and espicopal one. I'm going to be on the lookout for their advent colors...
Hi Linnea, I really enjoy your Advent posts. It's special that you change the header each week during this Holy season. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie
What a wonderful reminder of advent and the specialness of blue to this time of year.
now I'll jump over to your craft blog.
Kathy b
Beautiful! Happy Blue Monday.
My church is traditional and we are purple! Hope you are having a Happy Blue Monday! ~ Robyn
Post a Comment