Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Friday, December 26, 2008

Pink Saturday #15-Last one of 2008

Here we are at another Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly of How Sweet the Sound! Thank you so much to Beverly for being our wonderful host. It is a big job to keep this organized. Be sure to visit Beverly to see who else is posting for Pink Saturday! With this being the Saturday after Christmas, it is a given to be posting Pink Christmas gifts. That is if you got anything pink, which I did. Yay!
First up is something that was in my stocking. Slipper socks with pink stripes on them. You will notice there are also blue stripes, but I decided to use it for Pink Saturday. Besides I am having a hard time these days coming up with pink things. I need all the help I can get. Blue on the other hand I have plenty of. Just a matter of deciding what to share first and next and so on.
This angel doesn't have much pink, except for maybe her hands. But I just had to share it. I got it from my secret sister at church. We will reveal sometime in January. I can't wait to find out who it is. I have no clue this time. And this year whoever it is has been a wonderful secret sister. This is the Angel of Healing from Willow Tree designs. I was very touched to get this angel. My job is one where I help people to rehab or heal so they can get home. So this was very appropriate. Like I said, I was very touched.
Next is a bread basket I got from my mom. It came with four different covers. The bottom one has pink hearts and butterflies on it. Good to use around Valentine's Day but also good for the summer too. You can see the yellow one here too. Good for during the Spring.
This picture shows the covers to use during the Fall and the Holidays. I love this basket. I will be sure to use it often.
And last is a gift my husband got from my brother and his wife. They were recently in Hawaii earlier this month. Like very recent. They just got back on Tuesday I think. Just in time for Christmas. You can see the pink flowers on the purple cup. My daughter would probably love this because of the purple, her favorite color. I just may steal this cup from hubby and use it for my coffee. I am sure hubby will be willing to share it with me. He also got some coffee to go with the cup. This is just a piece of our Christmas. I will be sharing more later and also on Blue Monday. Might as well have fun spreading it out. Right?!?
Wishing everyone a Happy Pink Saturday!! Me? I am just happy it is Saturday.



P.S. I am noticing that my blog does not seem to be working quite right. If trying to look at the blog at the beginning, like if you click on home or when you first visit, my side bar does not show on the right side. It is all down at the bottom of my blog. But if you click only on an individual post then you can see the side bar where it is supposed to be. Does anyone know why it is doing that and how I can fix it? I notice that I do not have that issue with my craft blog. Grr! Thanks for any help you can give me. :-)
UPDATE: I did a search on Blogger help forum and finally found the answer to my problem. It had to do with the publishing aspect. On the previous blog I had checked the box to ignore the fix the html thingy. So I republished my previous post and deleted the highlighted places it was telling to delete so post can be published. After fixing that, my blog loaded correctly for me. Yay!! Learned something new, which is always good.

25 comments:

Eleanor said...

First of all thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It is greatly appreciated! And it is nice to find you too. I love the idea mentioned in your previous blog about opening your Christmas gifts simultaneously while on the phone to your daughter. One is always looking for ideas to liven up 'long-distance parenting'! I was also without one half of the family this year. Your line up of presents is great. Always fascinating to peek into someone else's Christmas stocking!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea!
I can't help you with your technical problems with your blog--wish I could!
Loved all of your wonderful Christmas shares! That basket and all of those liners is wonderful!!
Best wishes for a wonderful New Year and a terrific Pink Sat.! Dana

Connie said...

Linnea, my little chick, we're empty nesters also! I love it. But your pink socks are what I adore most. I always get a couple of pair a year to just wear around the house to keep my tootsies warm.

Nice to meet you and smooches
Connie

SmilingSally said...

I can't help with tech stuff; sorry. I enjoyed seeing your gifts. I especially like the Willow Tree angel. Happy Pink Saturday!

Betty said...

Linnea, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I love your "pink" striped socks. My hubby filled my stocking with socks. All in "girl" colors so my son won't "borrow" them. LOL
Happy Pink Saturday!!

shaybert said...

Thank you for visiting my place! What fun to see the gifts your received this Christmas! BTW, my daughter currently is in OT school. Blessings, Shay

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Linnea.

Your socks look so warm and cozy. I know you will enjoy wearing them. Thank you for all of your pretty pink shares today.

suesueb said...

great gifts! wish i could help too but i'm clueless. happy pink saturday and new year!!

Stephanie said...

Hi Linnea!

Thanks for stopping by!! Wow! Looks like you gotta a whole lotta love at Christmas...nice presents...and those are just the pink ones!!

Have a great weekend..and..

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Solstrimmor & Stjärnstrålar said...

Hello, saw your comment to Essemia. It's interesting that you have relatives in Stockaryd, I've been living in that place for many years ago, my sister is still.
nina

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linnea -- Sorry I'm absolutely NO help! I finally figured out how to put a link with a name of a blog. LOL! I'm technologically challenged.

Cute socks! They look cozy! And that angel is so pretty and your bread baskets, too!

Loved all your pink pretties.

XO,

Sheila

BECKY said...

Sorry you're having bloggy issues, 'Nea!! I'm techno-challenged so I won't be of much help. :(

I want a trip to Hawaii, but your mug is very cute!!
New Year Blessings to you and yours,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all of your pinkies today...I sell Willow Tree in my flower shop! They are my best sellers. You must have a wonderful Secret Sister.
Happy New Year!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Linnea,
Your new socks look warm and cozy!
Happy Pink Saturday...
Love, Ann

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Yeah for getting your blog fixed again. Nothing like having great things to share and finding those pain in the butt problems. Nice work and happy holidays!
Katie

Decor To Adore said...

The slippers look oh so cozy!

KatCollects said...

It looks like you got some sweet pink gifts : ) I love your idea about your purple in the bathroom. I had a purple bathroom a few years ago and on Christmas I decorated it with purple things, it was so pretty.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Well it did take a while to load but it did and it's beautiful. The only think happening right now is that it has the hiccups, otherwise I love the socks. I could use a pair of those pretty ones.
HPS
Claudie from Canada

Anonymous said...

Evening, Linnea! Love your pink gifts and those socks are my favorites! I know you've had a wonderful Christmas.
Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see the marvelous Divas,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...

Linnea,
You have a beautiful name...love it. thank for stopping by and glad to meet you. Beautiful pink post...cute pink posts. I read about you...We are in the same boat as you...epty nest at home...My daughter got married 3 yrs ago. But she live in the same town. Her Birthday is next monthe on 14th...I can't believe she will be 25.... Happy P)ink Saturday...

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

What wonderful pinks...I have a angel just like yours..One of my flight attendants gave it to me....I have on my desk at work....Happy PS...
Holiday Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are great pink sock slippers! Should keep your tootsies toasty. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea, I love all your pink you shared today. The slipper socks are great. I wear them all winter. I do have some pink ones. Yea! an idea.

I do love the bread basket from your mom with the different themes. The perfect versatile gift.

Your post looks fine so no problems here.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, and best wishes for a perfectly PINK New Year! Your socks sure look cozy :o)

Victoria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson