Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five Golden Rings.
Four calling birds,
Three french hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
Those of you who know Dawn at Dawn's Daybreak will remember her posting this crazy game about the naming the Christmas Carols. Well, I decided to print up copies of it and try it out on my family on Christmas Day. My sister-in-law's comment was "Oh no we gotta earn our way to the Christmas presents!" In the collage above you can see a few family members working on it. It turned out to be a lot of fun with a lot of laughter. My mom just got to laughing herself silly over the picture of the peanuts roasting their chests over the fire. That just struck her as hilarious. We were wondering if she was ever going to stop laughing. It was fun for me to see everyone having so much fun with this. Thanks Dawn for the idea! !
I got a few pictures of the Christmas decor around my mom's house. This angel choir above was my godmother's. Who is also my mother's aunt. My mother just loves this angel choir. I hope I get it eventually, but my mother's sister also wants it too. The choir is sitting on a red cloth woven by my godmother on one of her looms.
These buildings are actual buildings in the town of Lindsborg, Kansas. Here we have the Swedish Pavillion, Bethany Lutheran Church and Timber Cottage. Timber Cottage is where I bought one of my nativity scenes and the gnome I displayed in an earlier post. My mother has more, but this was all she had the energy to put out. I told her when she was too tired to put them up anymore, she could give them to me. Hint, hint. :-) This is where my father grew up which is why this is special.
My mother has an apple tree also. She gave me the one I have. But this one is special. It was made my father's high school woodshop teacher. That makes this one really special. Mine is made by someone else and not as well made as this one. The little tray is a Carl Larsson art piece. She has a larger picture by the same Swedish artist. The coasters were made by me one year. I made those as gifts. That was a big job. I don't remember how many total I made. My mother has 4 of them. Two of each design. It is cross-stitch.
And now we come to the dessert. The best part of course! The Polish kolachkes and rice pudding with some Swedish Lingonberry preserve. Yummy!!
13 comments:
Can I have the recipe?
Happy New Year Linnea!
THANK YOU so much for the birthday wishes...
The photos here are fabulous and those desserts look 'good enuf to eat'....;O)
HAPPIEST NEW YEAR, EVER...
love, bj
This is wonderful. Great pictures and it looks like you had a wonderful time! Have a wonderful New Year's Day!
Blessings,
Debbie
I love the angels! I want to wish you a very happy, safe, and healthy New Year! I hope 2009 brings you joy!
I loved seeing your Mom's Christmas decor. I especially like the angels and the Kansas buildings, they are gorgeous.
Happy New Year
Lindsay
Linnea, I loved being a part of your Christmas celebration. I am not taking my decorations down until the last day of Christmas and mabye after! Looks like you had a great time. :-)
Happy New Year!
XO,
Sheila :-)
YAY! I'm glad you had fun with the Christmas carol game :) The decorations you shared are very nice. I love how you made the collages. What program do you use?
The desserts looks some tasty at the bottom of your post. :)
take care,
Dawn
Thanks for stopping by. Sassy is my 2-3/4 lb chihuahua. I have 5 dogs plus Sassy. NeasNuttiness is my very dear friend. You girls are so creative. My daughter is supposed to help with photos one day, maybe when she isn't with her boyfriend. Happy New Year from Florida!!!
This sounds like a fun game! Glad your family enjoyed it!
Love the angel choir! It's so beautiful!
Happy New Year!
PS ~ I am now hungry for some rice pudding! lol!
Linnea, I really enjoyed reading your post. Just thinking about your mom laughing warmed my heart.
Happy New Year, Linnea. What lovely Christmas decorations. 2009 is just minutes away. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Linnea, I really enjoyed your post and seeing your treasures. I hope that you and yours have a Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Sweetie
Happy New Year !!!! We played that game name the Christmas Carols at work....It was fun....It looks like you had a very happy Holiday....
Hugs,
Mo :-)
Post a Comment