Earth laughs in flowers.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peace is not a season, it is a way of life.-Unknown
Bees are not as busy at we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
The sea is as near as we come to another world.-Anne Stevenson

Monday, January 5, 2009

Blue Monday #15 And 12th Day of Christmas!

It is that time again......Blue Monday! Yay! Thank you to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting this wonderful event for us every week. We would sure be blue without it.
First up is a snowman plate I have. Really the only one I have. It was given to us a few years ago with some goodies on it and the plate was part of the gift. Isn't it cute? I wish I had more of these. This makes a good display plate for my kitchen for January. It will be moved to it's display spot after I take down Christmas things this week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the 12th day of Christmas my true love sent to me,
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying.
Five Golden Rings.
Four calling birds,
Three french hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday was our Christmas pageant. It was called "The Surprising Christmas Pageant". And yes I will post pics of me and hubby in costume soon, like tomorrow. That is my plan. It includes a Bathroom Diva picture! Shelia, are you ready for a new Bathroom Diva picture? I hope so because I have one. Anyway, in the meantime I have a couple more pictures with BLUE in them. There was potluck luncheon after the pageant. The tables in the fellowship hall were decorated in different ways.
One of the tables had this Nativity scene on it. It has lots of BLUE in it. And it is made from pre-printed fabric panels. What is charming is that the person who made this set also embellished the figures with beads, sequins and yarn to add interest and detail to it. I just love this set. I don't remember ever seeing this pre-printed fabric in the fabric stores. If I can ever find it, I definitely want to get a panel or two or three. If anyone can direct me to a source I would love to know where I can get it, if it is still available.


The first pictures was taken with the flash and this one without. These are stuffed and weighted down with some type of poly-pellets or maybe rice or something. Happy Blue Monday! And thank you again to Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Mondays for us. Go on over to see who else is posting for Blue Monday.

24 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that cloth nativity set. I would love to make one, too! Let me know if you ever find the panel. What fun you must have at your church. I wish I could see you and yours in your Christmas Pageant. Your posts are always so much fun and so uplifting and inspiring. Thanks for sharing. And Happy Twelfth Night!

SmilingSally said...

Your snowmen plate is darling; perfect for winter decoration. You know I love nativities, and this one is so neat. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea, your snowman plate is so cute. I notice you didn't put any goodies on it. I still have cookies and I wish I didn't. LOL.

The nativity scene embellished is beautiful. What a nice job. Potluck sounds like lots of yummy food. Mmmmmm.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

What a great Nativity...very unique!
Your snowman plate is completely cute!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

That is one of the cutest nativity displays! And to embellish it is truly creative! Hope you find the panels to make one yourself. Have a great Monday!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Cute snowman plate...and I love the nativity!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Now that is a very cute snowman. I think that Nativity is the cutest one I've ever seen! I've never seen one like that before.
I'll bet the pageant was a great time. Can't wait to see pics.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Linnea! Hope your week is starting out good. Love the snowman plate and the nativity is so colorful and pretty. I like it!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful Nativity set.. I still have mines up I dont want to take it down. Have a Happy Blue Monday
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linnea... I love the snowmen on the plate AND the lovely nativity set! Happy 12th Day and Blue Monday!

XO,

Sheila

Lindsay-ann said...

I love your snowman plate and the cloth nativity figures are beautiful.
Happy Blue Monday.
Lindsay

Missy Wertz said...

I really like the plate. I love the Navity sets too! Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful nativity set, although I do like the plate as well.

Unknown said...

I think your snowman plate would look great in my corner cupboard with my other snowman items. Think about it...

Sweetie said...

Such a cute snowman plate. The Nativity is wonderful. I would be interested in purchasing the fabric also. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

Dawn said...

That's a pretty plate. I can see why you'd like more!!! What a lovely cloth nativity set that is. If I ever see anything like that I'll be sure to let you know where!

take care,
Dawn

Becky said...

Just catching up on your blog. I've fallen down in my reading and blogging lately. I love that nativity but I don't sew. I really love Princess House too! Libby@Neas Nuttiness used to have parties when she was in Florida.

Libby's Library said...

You answered my question before I finished reading the post... how sweet the soft sculptured Nativity is!

Lorrie said...

Love your snowman plate--perfect for January! Glad you're enjoying Stella's adventures!

Lynette said...

Your snowman (men?) plate is tooo cute!! Sorry, I can't help you on the nativity fabric set - I can't sew a lick and stay away from fabric stores!! It is very cute though - Happy Blue Monday!

imjacobsmom said...

What a cute snowman plate - I'm throwing my hat in the ring -LOL! Always plenty of blue in a nativity! Happy Blue Monday! ~ Robyn

Susie Q said...

Your snowman plate is so dear! I love the color...and what a treasure this cloth nativity is!
It is darling!
I always love to see what you have for these special days...have a good week dear lady!

Love,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and Happy Blue Monday, too :o) Your snowman plate is sweet and I love the shade of blue. January is snowman month for me, too, a holdover from my days as a kindergarten teacher ... I have dozens of snowmen and I love having a chance to get them out at this time of year.

Hugs from Victoria

Hilda said...

Hey, my mom sewed this Nativity scene for my kids.And every year,the kidscan't wait to get to be able to set it up and play with it, and to tell the Christmas Bible story along with it.As they're telling the story, they move the pieces, in order to actout the story. It's so much fun, and biblical, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quotes for Thought

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. --Sophia Loren

Each day slowly shapes our lives, as dripping water shapes the stone.

Each day is God's gift to you, make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.

May I never miss a rainbow or a sunset because I am looking down.

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. -Thomas Moore

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.-Washington Irving

It doesn't take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.-Barbara Johnson